• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Meostar Lineup (3 Viewers)

jgraider

I'm a huge Meoopta fan. I know there has been discussion on the various and somewhat confusing model lineup that is offered, or going to be offered in the very near future. Here is the Meostar lineup. Several nice changes for sure, including HD+ in the 8x32 and 8x42 configurations that were not previously offered. Just an FYI, nothing more. If this is being repetitive, I apologize.

MeoStar B1 8x32

MeoStar B1 10x32

MeoStar B1 8x42

MeoStar B1.1 10x32

MeoStar B1.1 7x50

MeoStar B1.1 10x50

MeoStar B1.1 12x50 HD

MeoStar B1.1 8x56

MeoStar B1.1 15x56 HD

MeoStar B1 Plus 8x32

MeoStar B1 Plus 8x42

MeoStar B1 Plus 8x56

MeoStar B1 Plus 10x42 HD

MeoStar B1 Plus 12x50 HD

MeoStar B1 Plus 15x56 HD

MeoStar 2x CONVERTOR DOUBLER

You forgot the Meostar B1.1 8x32...

I too like this line-up. They are in the process of shifting to the B1 Plus so you can get some pretty good deals on the current B1.1's. Now, with the addition of HD, when-ever that might be.... I wonder, will it make a difference? From what I understand Meostar 'was' making bins for Cabela's (Eurostar????...not sure) and including HD with that line. But little difference by having HD. I could be wrong as I have never had or viewed the Cabela version but just from what I have read.

Last edited:
You forgot the Meostar B1.1 8x32...

I too like this line-up. They are in the process of shifting to the B1 Plus so you can get some pretty good deals on the current B1.1's. Now, with the addition of HD, when-ever that might be.... I wonder, will it make a difference? From what I understand Meostar 'was' making bins for Cabela's (Eurostar????...not sure) and including HD with that line. But little difference by having HD. I could be wrong as I have never had or viewed the Cabela version but just from what I have read.

That particular binocular, the 8x32 B1.1 is NOT on my list I received, and available only in the models shown. Maybe Meopta made a mistake and left it off? I don't know, but it was an extensive list.

Also they show the new Meopta MeoPro Air like this:
MeoPro Air 8x42 HDED+
MeoPro Air 10x42 HDED+

That particular binocular, the 8x32 B1.1 is NOT on my list I received, and available only in the models shown. Maybe Meopta made a mistake and left it off? I don't know, but it was an extensive list.

Also they show the new Meopta MeoPro Air like this:
MeoPro Air 8x42 HDED+
MeoPro Air 10x42 HDED+

It excists as we have them in stock;)

I don't doubt you do, but sometimes there are a few items not available in the US that are available in Europe. For instance Meopta never brought the MeoRange binos to the USA either.

I wonder if they never brought over since they counted on a strong showing from Cabela's..... and there simply wasn't enough of a market outside of Cabela's? Not sure.... But will be interesting now as they move forward with their new product line although with the virus, it will or might take years to bring it out. Even Swaro is piece-mealing their's out and Meopta has the Meopta-air, the MeoStar Plus (soon to be the Meostar 2 ....

It is discontinued already here in the US. Meopta should bring their own over here, as Leupold has lost it's way here for the most part.

I just bought my wife a B1.1 8x32 at Sports Optics.... I also saw them at Scopelist as I initially bought one for her there and it wasn't a good copy. So, I know they are floating around.

I just bought my wife a B1.1 8x32 at Sports Optics.... I also saw them at Scopelist as I initially bought one for her there and it wasn't a good copy. So, I know they are floating around.

Good to know Iman, thanks for the confirmation. Is everything pretty much the same as the regular 8x32 as far as eyepieces and ergos are concerned? The view through that one is fantastic.

To my knowledge Meopta will make some 7x42's if enough customers want one, but it is not regularly produced.
Gijs van Ginkel

How does that work? Enough customers have to mention it at official distributors so they make mention to Meopta? Sounds unlikely to happen. Meopta could make a sign-in form on their official website to gather enough interest, prepaid and all just to be sure.

Ah well, just daydreaming, not fully awake yet 3:) but the 7x42 sounds like a beauty, read Troubadours review on it yesterday.

Ries, post 18,
I do not know how it works but it seems that Meopta collects this information one way or another. Yes the Meopta 7x42 is an excellent binocular.
Gijs van Ginkel

Good to know Iman, thanks for the confirmation. Is everything pretty much the same as the regular 8x32 as far as eyepieces and ergos are concerned? The view through that one is fantastic.

Other than not having the designation of HD, ....it appears the same. Since purchasing it I found someone who had a Cabela's (not sure on year) and I didn't see any difference optically or ergonomically. Now, my wife loves it and gets the best contrast she has seen from it, while when I look into it, it isn't as good as lets say the contrast view I get from either the Trinovid or Nikon HG.

One thing to take note....you have to watch the copy you purchase and don't be afraid to send it back. The first one I bought had a focus wheel clunky issue that didn't go away, while the second one is more in line with how it should be. A great bin for the money though.

On a side note, the 10x32 Meostar is really nice.... I actually thought of getting that one too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back