• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monarch M7+ 8x30 (1 Viewer)

I hope you don't own a TV, car, smartphone and so on.. otherwise i would tend to accuse you of double standards.
Guilty 😩. The only thing I can do not to support the regime is to look at every label and try my best to find alternative products that don’t say made in China. I get your point though. The global economy doesn’t make it easy when most raw materials come from China. But if a third of the people don’t buy products (as best they can) it would have an effect.

Back to the M7. Has anybody compared this with the monarch 7 in any threads. I had the original, good glass. (my monarch 7 made in China gone, my HG made in Japan) 😁.

@Paultricounty
Good luck then finding a bino below 1k$/€ that has no parts made in China.
BTW - I'm pretty certain politics has no place here but judging by moral standards, there'd be quite a lot of countries from which nobody should buy anything, including my own (especially my own).
I hear you, I do. I’m just trying my best not to do business as usual even if my government continues. Hopefully at some point that could change (it will at some point). The only thing I can do and have been for over a year now is refuse labels that say the origin of manufacture. And I love German products.

Under $1000, Kowa Genesis, Nikon HG, E2, Zeiss conquest, meopta, Leica Trinovid‘s and the used market abound. Every little bit helps. Seems like Disney may be getting that message.

Although I do support my local China buffet, not so much lately ,don’t like the open food concept of lately.

On Nikon’s UK site so perhaps they’ll be available there soon

Nobody's seen anything about this model in North America yet, I assume? I've been planning on buying a pair of M7 8x30s this year, but thinking I should probably wait to see pricing on the 7+ if it's truly a significant step up.

Nobody's seen anything about this model in North America yet, I assume? I've been planning on buying a pair of M7 8x30s this year, but thinking I should probably wait to see pricing on the 7+ if it's truly a significant step up.
I think it was somebody here that said the plus just ads a field flattener. If that is something someone wants.

I haven't tried one of the new M7's of course so my comments are an educated guess... IF Nikon adds a "field flattener" to the M7, it's probably not going to "flatten" very much. If I wanted a M7 8X30 I'd just get it.

I haven't tried one of the new M7's of course so my comments are an educated guess... IF Nikon adds a "field flattener" to the M7, it's probably not going to "flatten" very much. If I wanted a M7 8X30 I'd just get it.
If the field flattener is anything like the MHG, I’d agree it won’t flatten much. If it’s more like the EDG (I doubt it) it would be great. My opinion is that if this new M7 is similar or slightly better than the previous monarch 7 (nice glass) it’s a great bang for the buck and a nice all around optic at that nice price range. Why ad cost to what most likely will not be a good field flattener and potentially reduce light transmission on a mid-grade optic.

I sent an email to Nikon USA asking when the M7+ would be here. They completely dodged the question. Said the M7 8x30 was out of stock and they weren’t sure when more would be in stock. Never acknowledged the M7+ even though I asked specifically about it and sent the link to to the UK site announcing it.

I sent an email to Nikon USA asking when the M7+ would be here. They completely dodged the question. Said the M7 8x30 was out of stock and they weren’t sure when more would be in stock. Never acknowledged the M7+ even though I asked specifically about it and sent the link to to the UK site announcing it.
Shocker there. Nikon answering a question or questions with specific answers is not happening. If you seen the email thread and our back forth voice messages for over a week and a half concerning an SE I sent in for service, after being shocked , you’d laugh. And if you were new to Optics and binoculars, Nikon would not even be an option for you.

Nobody you talk to or email knows anything. I couldn’t even get the correct address to send in my binoculars for service, the third time was the charm. That was after they gave me one address which was wrong then gave me another address where I shipped it, then when it got there, Nikon wasn’t there. So then I got a third address where it finally got delivered for service. After three days it was on its way back and the invoice attached to the email couldn’t specifically tell me what was done. After numerous emails and phone conversations it’s still couldn’t be narrowed down.

I doubt even when the item is available with retailers that anybody at Nikon will be able to give you any information Concerning the product. They would just read the info from the website.

Unbelievable ++.

Good-luck

Not at all surprising to me either. I emailed to ask about the availability of the 10x25 stabilized in the US (they have been out in japan for a few years) and this was the response I got:
Thank you for contacting Nikon. We thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding our products. Nikon strives to take all possible steps for the improvement of its products and relies heavily on our research and development departments. Although we appreciate your feedback we are unable to discuss future product development. For further questions or concerns, feel free to call us in at 1-800-NIKON-US.

Not at all surprising to me either. I emailed to ask about the availability of the 10x25 stabilized in the US (they have been out in japan for a few years) and this was the response I got:
Thank you for contacting Nikon. We thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding our products. Nikon strives to take all possible steps for the improvement of its products and relies heavily on our research and development departments. Although we appreciate your feedback we are unable to discuss future product development. For further questions or concerns, feel free to call us in at 1-800-NIKON-US.
Exactly, they’re just like politicians, you can’t get a straight answer from them. There giving you an answer to a question you didn’t ask. It’s bizarro.

If the field flattener is anything like the MHG, I’d agree it won’t flatten much. If it’s more like the EDG (I doubt it) it would be great. My opinion is that if this new M7 is similar or slightly better than the previous monarch 7 (nice glass) it’s a great bang for the buck and a nice all around optic at that nice price range. Why ad cost to what most likely will not be a good field flattener and potentially reduce light transmission on a mid-grade optic.
On the other hand Paul, it might be a very good field flattener if it flattens just enough, and not too much (which of course is open to argument between observers).

Lee

Exactly, they’re just like politicians, you can’t get a straight answer from them. There giving you an answer to a question you didn’t ask. It’s bizarro.
It is frustrating but not really hard to deduce what is going on. They have a list of responses written by their legal/PR department that they then just choose whatever they think is closest and copy paste. If you ask a question they can't answer, they just pick a different answer! Still a bummer as I would love to know if/when the 10x25 stabilized and M7+ will make an appearance around these parts!

It is frustrating but not really hard to deduce what is going on. They have a list of responses written by their legal/PR department that they then just choose whatever they think is closest and copy paste. If you ask a question they can't answer, they just pick a different answer! Still a bummer as I would love to know if/when the 10x25 stabilized and M7+ will make an appearance around these parts!
That’s sounds about right, and certainly would explain many of the responses from the Nikon people. What a shame , the people who brought us the Nikon EDG and Supioior E’s, can’t even answer simple questions with a real answers.

That’s sounds about right, and certainly would explain many of the responses from the Nikon people. What a shame , the people who brought us the Nikon EDG and Supioior E’s, can’t even answer simple questions with a real answers.
The WX too! But indeed often times their customer service is terrible.

Curious if anyone has any updates on the M7+ in the USA? And/or if anyone happened to get both the M7 and M7+ to do an actual comparison in person?

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back