• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Year List 2013 (1 Viewer)

23rd December 2013

Weather early was blustery and with light rain but bearable. An early start saw us on the motorway travelling East.
The forecast for later was gale force winds and torrential rain as an Atlantic depression hits our shores and moving up the country.
We calculated we could go and see the bird which was being reported about 1 hr away whilst the weather held. For once our plans worked in our favour.

North Cave Wetlands

193 Green-winged Teal

Latest Lifer Green-winged Teal 271 Uk List 245

John

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year Good Birding

Footnote The Ivory Gull in the previous blog has been deemed a first winter.

26th December 2013

Weather today was bright and mild with very little wind.
We made a second visit to catch the Parrot Crossbills and failed yet again.
A detour whilst returning home resulted in another year bird.

Lound

194 Red -crested Pochard

John

28th December 2013

Weather today was quite mild and dry the strong overnight winds having died down.
A trip into our neighbouring county of Nottinghamshire with news of a returning bird.

Lowdham - Nottinghamshire

195 Glossy Ibis

John

Latest Lifer 271 UK list 246

31st December2013

Happy New Year to all, hope you have a great night, and a healthy 2014.
Lots of Birds to see.

Ive had a good year not high numbers , health keeps getting in the way.
I've seen some fabulous birds and a good number of life birds.

18 Lifers in the Uk and 25 Lifers on my Lanzarote trip in May all in all Im well happy.

Ive told my birding mate I'd like to have a go for my 300 Uk birds in 2014, lets see how I get on, I need 54 to get there , put the time in , its achievable.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back