• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery bird Allentown, PA (1 Viewer)

Shadowcloud

United States
This little one showed up on my porch tonight. Wasn't afraid of me at all. Hung out for a good long while as I came and went in and out of the house. Can anyone ID? Ty.

bird in questions.jpg

What/where is 'PA'?
Funny colour... (you like taking sepia-tint photos?!) - but it looks like a nestling blue jay.
(You should put it somewhere outside where its mum and dad can find it.)

What/where is 'PA'?
Funny colour... (you like taking sepia-tint photos?!) - but it looks like a nestling blue jay.
(You should put it somewhere outside where its mum and dad can find it.)
PA is Pennsylvania. I didn't use a sepia filter, just the way the photo turned out. It did have slight blue coloring on its tail feathers. It flew down from a nearby tree onto my porch.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi Shadowcloud and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

As long as the wee guy can come and go at will and the parents are around and can feed him until he's ready to become independent... just enjoy his presence. Those are just our guidelines Butty linked to, in case there's a problem, it will talk you through what steps to take.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I agree with Microtus. This is really early for a young Blue Jay. June/July is more typical.

I'm in Allentown, and haven't seen any evidence of any species actually feeding young yet. Even the geese have just started nesting.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back