• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

I agree. My 2 cents:
Simple test to do:
Put one of your finger tip on your forehead, press, and try to move your finger up and down.

Now, we have quite a clear idea about the efficiency of this headrest.

(And no, I'm not laughing at the idea of everyone doing this while reading this post ;))

So everybody needs to get a Botox injection to get rid of the wrinkles. :-O

I just called Bass Pro and had them set me 2 new pairs of Bins aside as I will be over their in a couple hours. Both EL's were on sale and "THE OLD MODELS". EL FP 8 x 32 and EL FP 10 X 42's.. Quite a substantial sale with there 4th of July Big Bang Sale.....
I just picked up a pair of new EL FP 8x32 for $1550.00 on an auction. The price is coming down on the EL's with the introduction of NL's.

What's the point. You look through a binocular not at it. Personaly, I think the NL Pure looks great. But iI haven't seen through it, yet. I have the new SLC 10 x 42 en the new Companion 8 x 42. They are both rather ugly, but the finest binoculars I have ever seen through (and I also have had the latest EL 10 x 50).

"The big assumption here is that people actually have steady heads - and I'm not sure that's the case !"

Your head doesn't have to be steady. The binocular will move with you head movement's in perfect synchronization!:king:

Last edited:
I agree. My 2 cents:
Simple test to do:
Put one of your finger tip on your forehead, press, and try to move your finger up and down.

Which equates or replicates to you moving the binoculars up and down whilst observing a subject, not something I usually do when endeavouring to keep everything steady.

You will be 'dazzled' by the view through it Dennis ;)
If it is a bright day, that is.
Lee
I couldn't resist throwing a bid in and I ended up winning the darn "glare monster." I like to win stuff on Ebay even if I don't need it. It is like gambling. Addictive. As long as you keep it out of the sun it is not a bad binocular.;)

Last edited:
Dennis,

Didn't you already own the SV 8X32? Are you ever going to keep just one glass?

Andy W.
No. HaHa! I went to all Swaro's again. The 8x25 CL pocket, 10x25 CL pocket, 8x30 CL B, 10x30 CL B and the 8x32 FP SV. I am thinking about the NL Pure 8x42 but not sure if I want to carry 30 oz. but that FOV is enticing.

Looks like the EL FP 8X30's are also on sale too at Bass Pro too... Any comments on the EL FP 8X30's anyone before I snag a pair of these too..
The EL FP 8x30's are great. I have a pair and they show less glare than the SV FP 8x32's but the SV's are without a doubt better with their bigger FOV and they are only 3 oz. heavier. I bought a pair of the new CL 8x30's and the CL 10x30's for about $900.00 shipped on Ebay and a pair of CL Pocket 8x25's and Cl Pocket 10x25's for about $650.00 shipped from the UK. They are less from the UK because the dollar is strong. You get them in about 4 days.

Last edited:
You have to pay sales tax on everything on the internet anymore since the government decided they wanted more revenue and they can't get enough from the brick and mortar stores anymore.

If I was a merchant sitting next side to B an H or the like, I would want them to collect sales tax just like I do...... :)

I am in effect using a version of the head-rest all the time when I use my 10x42 IS L Canon, and it is nowhere near as effective as IS.

What I mean is that I always have the eyecups fully retracted, and their upper edge is resting against my forehead at my brow. Essentially leaning against my skull. This stabilises the view a little compared with having normal eyecups in your eye sockets, but not by very much. The difference when I press the button is quite dramatic.

A head rest improves things, but not dramatically.

You will be 'dazzled' by the view through it Dennis ;)
If it is a bright day, that is.
Lee

BIN BASHING is no different then I see in the Nikon Camera Forums and I myself take it with a grain of salt. The new Nikon D6 just came out that I own and already bashers that never own or will never own are quick to look at internet verbosity and pass it on as gospel. I will buy something no matter what the internet wizards have to say if I want it..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back