• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

I thought about it but, at north of £50 including shipping to UK, I'm not so sure. You could get a decent, more versatile monopod for that price.

RB

I purchased the Kohla fix & focus earlier in the week from the site in Germany and it arrived yesterday. An initial try out last night and a more thorough one today leads me to say this worked better than I thought it might!

Doesn’t quite compare to steadiness achievable using monopod/Finn stick approach of which I am a fan, as resting on lower chest region, there is some movement through breathing normally. However, it helped immensely in holding binoculars in viewing position longer than I would have otherwise been able to and is far more portable.

Worth mentioning that I have a weakness in one shoulder from a distant injury so perhaps the benefit was more pronounced and noticeable for me. I used it with the Swarovski EL 12x50, the EL 8x32 and the Zeiss FL 10x42. Not surprisingly, benefits easier to appreciate on the heavier and higher magnifications.

Well worth the c£50 in my opinion.

I purchased the Kohla fix & focus earlier in the week from the site in Germany and it arrived yesterday. An initial try out last night and a more thorough one today leads me to say this worked better than I thought it might!

Doesn’t quite compare to steadiness achievable using monopod/Finn stick approach of which I am a fan, as resting on lower chest region, there is some movement through breathing normally. However, it helped immensely in holding binoculars in viewing position longer than I would have otherwise been able to and is far more portable.

Worth mentioning that I have a weakness in one shoulder from a distant injury so perhaps the benefit was more pronounced and noticeable for me. I used it with the Swarovski EL 12x50, the EL 8x32 and the Zeiss FL 10x42. Not surprisingly, benefits easier to appreciate on the heavier and higher magnifications.

Well worth the c£50 in my opinion.

I ordered the same from the German site too, which arrived yesterday too. Not really had chance to try it out yet though

Thanks for the first-hand feedback, very useful. I had wondered about the effect of breathing on a chest 'pod'/support.

RB

It's not a finnstick as such because you still need to hold it with one hand as it only balances the binoculars on a wooden ball, where's a finnstick secures the binoculars allowing the user to rest there hands at waist level

Reminder - the 1st September is nearly here!

The commercial launch of the NL is from next Tuesday the 1st of September (see Jan’s comment in post #921)
So we may see some hands-on reports starting early next week (and hopefully in new threads!)

In keeping with the launch, there may be previews over the weekend
e.g. see the info from Feathers Wild Bird Care in East Sussex: http://www.featherswildbirdcare.co.uk

And also see a comparative photo of three x42’s: the original EL (pre-Swarovision); the current EL FieldPro, and; the new NL
it’s from: https://hayko.tv/marsupialgear/CDAh_FPpnUA
Among other things it makes clear the refinement of the shape from the 1st to 2nd generation EL
and consistent with another current thread, the RA on the original EL seems to show significant deterioration

John

Attachments

• Feathers Wild Bird Care.jpg
    Feathers Wild Bird Care.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 3x Swarovski x42's.jpg
    3x Swarovski x42's.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 131
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back