• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 8 x 32 e2 CF WF (1 Viewer)

28gauge

There are a number of these listed on ebay from Japan as new. Are these new old stock? Safe to buy? Any insight would be appreciated.

While not directly related to the Nikon 8x30 E2 on ebay, there's a thread about a Japanese company the many cloudy nights forum members (the have a binoculars group) have used and the transactions seems to have gone to everyones liking (one mentioned the buy of a Nikon E2 8x30 - 2 days from Japan air freight!)

Good hunting!, Pat

There are a number of these listed on ebay from Japan as new. Are these new old stock? Safe to buy? Any insight would be appreciated.
I thought I had read on some previous threads, that the warranty on ones out of Japan would not be honored for repair work by Nikon USA. Anybody know the real story on the warranty issue?

I had both E2's and they were purchased through Ebay from Japan . They came with a one year warranty honored by the vendor . Never had any issues with them requiring repairs . Haven't heard of anyone having problems purchasing E2's through Ebay from Japan . Take care of them and they will take care of you . If you have an accident with them send them to Suddarth Optical .

I’ve bought a few of the new E2’s from Japan. Never had an issue with any of them and usually got them within a few days. Also ebay has some insurance you can buy with them that covers damage and repairs.

Good luck

Paul

Last edited:
I have an 8x30 E2 USA that I've had for 11 years that I've had serviced by Nikon. Always kinda regretted selling my 10x35 E2 back then, and occasionally toy around with getting another. Just wondered on the grey market warranty.
thanx

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back