• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North East London Redwing? (1 Viewer)

Both images show perfectly typical nominate iliacus, the form which winters across most of the UK, underpart streaking is nowhere near strong enough + legs way too pale for coburni, absolutely nothing intermediate about either bird. And, no clinal variation mentioned in literature.

Grahame
very true but kens found a grey redwing so thats new, he will continue this for days and i thought i was was crap birder

Did you use AWB? (Auto White Balance) I've had the same, a sequence of shots in close vicinity and the odd one where the camera throws a curve ball. I shoot RAW+JPEG so can correct anything that seems out of whack

That’s interesting I use AWB, certainly wasn’t aware about occasional “aberrations”, will have to keep mind of that Stephen.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back