• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paphos RFI (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dunstan

I don't normally bother people on here for site gen, but we've changed our holiday plans relatively late in the day from Porto Santo to Paphos as the former became unwieldy as flights kept changing.

Can anyone recommend any sites other than the headland? We will be staying at Louis Phaeton Beach if that helps, but I don't mind covering several miles on foot or getting taxis.

Thanks in advance for any help and information.

Stephen

I don't normally bother people on here for site gen, but we've changed our holiday plans relatively late in the day from Porto Santo to Paphos as the former became unwieldy as flights kept changing.

Can anyone recommend any sites other than the headland? We will be staying at Louis Phaeton Beach if that helps, but I don't mind covering several miles on foot or getting taxis.

Thanks in advance for any help and information.

Stephen
I'm guessing Paphos, Cyprus? Mandria* is a little migration and rarity hotspot and favourite with the resident and visiting birders.... particularly Lark Corner. The Akamas peninsular is a favourite with some ( seawatching ). Sea Caves harbour near Peyia is a quiet area that I've enjoyed whilst Kensington Cliffs for departing Griffons. Have a great trip.
* Near the Beach picnic area....do a loop taking in the hollow, dipped area, then Lark Corner and across the sparse smallholding fields coming back on yourself. Had some brilliant raries in the last few years.
If you can get a lift or bus then Ladies Mile area is good for a morning - hide at Zakaki Marshes overlooking reed beds and pool, then various tracks near to the radar masts.....good shrubby area for migrants dependant on conditions.
Don't forget Paphos Sewage works.....walk past and check the tracks and fields, reliable for Black Francolin.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Paphos, Cyprus? Mandria is a little migration and rarity hotspot and favourite with the resident and visiting birders.... particularly Lark Corner. The Akamas peninsular is a favourite with some ( seawatching ). Sea Caves harbour near Peyia is a quiet area that I've enjoyed whilst Kensington Cliffs for departing Griffons. Have a great trip.
Thanks Pat. Yes Paphos, Cyprus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back