• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phonescoping with ED78/82 (1 Viewer)

KBHC73

England
Hi, Does anybody do a bit of Phonescoping with either the ED82 or 78 models? How are the results & do you need a specific phone adapter to fit over the larger eyepieces?

Thanks

Hi, Does anybody do a bit of Phonescoping with either the ED82 or 78 models? How are the results & do you need a specific phone adapter to fit over the larger eyepieces?

Thanks
I don't have an ED 82 anymore, but I do phonescope with the similar Monarch 82 ED. PhoneSkope adapter works well, with decent results this of a Great Horned Owl.
PXL_20240129_171848754.jpgoriginal_333069e9-f474-472a-89e7-7c8715f1c89b_PXL_20231220_151135021.jpg

I have just bought this phone adapter from Viking.
It’s fiddly but results are OK, I imagine with some practice they’ll be shareable.
Fits most phones and most eyepieces
You’ll notice that it’s inexpensive, so if it doesn’t work…..
I'm sure there’ll be others on the market too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back