• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: Oberwerk SE 10 x 42 ED. (2 Viewers)

Cracking review. I have a pair of 8x32 headed at me on the strength of your review. Looking forward to testing them out in the field as I need a pair of rough and tumble bins that won't break my heart if they get knocked about a bit in the desert / mountains.

Thank you all very much!

Richard: No plans as yet but I hear only good things about the 12 x 50 model over on Cloudynights Binocular forum.

Cheers,

Neil.

Great, bought the 10x42 from oberwerk.eu on sunday, on thursday having it at hand.
First impressions very good, CA wise they among the best performers, resolution nice one, edge sharpness fine.
Weight is due the prisms, they are just properly dimensioned, no cost cuts made.
Handling good, nearly forgot Porro after years with roofs.
Build is solid, they are robust, you cant beat it :)

They are not of course Swarovski strikingly sharp, but for 300€ including shipping, this is great tool,
which I can have all the time in my car for trips, without having fear that I have 1000€+ tool in vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back