• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (4 Viewers)

Draycote 27th Sept

Black-necked Grebe Rainbow Corner (the Napton bird still present so a different one) 2 Sandwich Tern and a Black Tern (Tim Marlow)

Regards

John

A bit of belated news from me of 9 Crossbills over Newbold Common in September probably on the 12th or 13th but I've been to Scilly, Fair Isle, Shetland & Norfolk since so forgot about them.

Mike.

Draycote recent rare birds

Tim Marlow has hit a purple patch with a pale phase adult Pom Skua on 21st October and the first record of Great White Egret yesterday briefly on the north shore till flushed by a chav in a tracksuit walking the shoreline!! Presumably the same bird seen briefly at Daventry Reservoir this morning.

Regards

John

Tim Marlow has hit a purple patch with a pale phase adult Pom Skua on 21st October and the first record of Great White Egret yesterday briefly on the north shore till flushed by a chav in a tracksuit walking the shoreline!! Presumably the same bird seen briefly at Daventry Reservoir this morning.

Regards

John

Has he caught Daisyitus or bullshitius a common complaint in stringshire.

Mike

Regards

John

Seems to have been a really good year for herons in the midlands. In Warwickshire alone, I think eight species have now been reported.
Matt

Herons !

Seems to have been a really good year for herons in the midlands. In Warwickshire alone, I think eight species have now been reported.
Matt

Ok Matt, as no-one else has taken the bait....maybe maths isn't my subject, but 8 species of Heron in Warks ??

Care to suggest the species / sites ??

Simon

I can think of 6.. Grey, Great white, Little, Cattle, Night (was that this year?), Bittern. Was there a Purple in spring? Anything else and I think they'd be some proper pissed off Warks birders!

Gareth

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back