• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommend harness for 8x42 trinovids (1 Viewer)

Tripp

United States
Can anyone recommend a decent harness? One that doesn't swing around and will hold a phone and notepad. Thought I would check here before heading to local chain store... Looking to spend 50-150$ *looking for "box" type with closable lid and some padding protection.

I’ve had a good experience with Kuiu. Lid opens to front. Clever “hinging” so flap stays down and out of way. Has side flaps to help keep debris from getting in under flap. Nicely made.

Hunting shops around here are pretty limited for accessories, but worth a few calls. Kuiu website has very positive reviews and this one looks really good for current weather (HOT). Thanks for tip!

I always use Badlands cases for my binos.
The laser pointer on the left, and cell holder on the right. A zippered slot inside for your ID's card, energy bars etc...
Comfort fit. Padded case.
No flimsy cords/attachment around your binos. 100% free bino scanning action.
Silent magnetic cover lock. No more grand-mother velcro.

Attachments

• bino2.jpg
    bino2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • bino1.jpg
    bino1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I went with the older version Marsupial bino harness - it was on sale for $70. It's pretty basic, which is what I wanted, but wish it had a compartment for holding eyecups. In fact, it the only useful storage compartment would hold maybe a trail map. I went with the small and it arrived in a soft pkg, kind of compressed so the initial fit is tight for the 8x42's. I stuffed rags in it to stretch it a bit and hopefully this will allow for easier removal of the binos. I'm going to get another small pouch to attach beneath it to hold the eyecups and it should be good to go. Just received it yesterday, so can't report how it does in the field, but it seems to fit comfortably.

B-lilja - I'm seriously considering a Rick Young harness also as a secondary as I've heard nothing but excellent reviews. My main concern is that sweat will drip down onto eyepiece's while hiking. Do you find this to be an issue?

Rain, snow, sweat and spit originates from above. Use the guard.
Go to #3

Gotcha - just tie guard to neck strap. I just ordered the RY harness and will give it a shot. I was worried about losing the eyepiece guard in the field. I've looked online for replacement guards in case I were to lose this and the only thing I'm coming up with is an Ebay seller in Latvia. I would think Trinovid replacements would be available at B&H or some US based optics store, but not finding anything...guess I'll tie an extra strong knot haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back