• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rig for Kowa (1 Viewer)

paperweight

Hello, I am planning another step in digiscoping after buying my Kowa 883 earlier this year. My tripod is an old Gitzo reporter aluminium tripod with a ball head that is neither fast nor really apt to carry the Kowa. I am thinking of an alternative: either just a new video head or a complete new tripod. I have had a look at Sachtler and might get a s/h Hot Pod including a Video 18 head for a moderately low sum. On the other hand, Sachtler is not lightweight and hard to carry. So the alternative might be going for maximum stability/function with lowest possible weight. Can you a) tell me about your experiences with Sachtler and b)help me with suggestions for a high quality lightweight rig? Thanks for your help.

So that has been settled: I will maybe buy a carbon fibre Gitzo tripod later, but at the moment I have decided to keep my Gitzo Reporter Aluminium tripod and have just bought the Gitzo head G2380 s/h for 130 EUR. It works and feels great. Thanks for your advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back