• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak overwintering? (1 Viewer)

Barnettca

Canada
Good day! I am new to the forum. We live in Ontario, Canada and there is a pretty young grosbeak feeding a lot at our safflower reeder. I was quite surprised to see it as I,didn't think they overwinter here. It seems to be very young. I am just worried about this guy making it through the winter. If it missed migration, is there anything I can Do to help it survive buying keeping the feeder full?

Definitely keep the feeder full to see if it sticks around. I'm a bit further South but I have seen them this time of year even when we have a cold winter.

Thanks. I figured that was all we could do but didn't know if we should put out alternative food for him that he should have. I am glad to hear they could overwinter!

The ones that visit me also like the black-oiled sunflower seed so you could probably try putting an additional feeder out.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back