• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Say hello (1 Viewer)

petebaur

United Kingdom
Hi I am Pete from Bristol
I have found 2 ww2 german binoculars in the attic.
I was wondering whether you could help identify?
Thanks Pete

Hi Pete and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the Binocular Forum, as they're better placed to be able to help you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Pete and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the Binocular Forum, as they're better placed to be able to help you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Hi thanks for the welcome
I am not very good at computers

Pictures always help, but if you can't post them, tell us everything written on the binoculars.

Pictures always help, but if you can't post them, tell us everything written on the binoculars.
Lol
I have just tried posting pictures in binoculars forum i think ?
The only way I could work out to attach is by taking pictures with my tablet of my phone photos.

Pictures always help, but if you can't post them, tell us everything written on the binoculars
1x R Feuss Berlin Steglitz df 10x80 nr 1440
I could not see a swastika on them.
Does that mean they are early or pre war?
1x blc 10x80 has eagle and swastika m 1V/ 1
Nr 1053 164889
Hope this helps

Lol
I have just tried posting pictures in binoculars forum i think ?
The only way I could work out to attach is by taking pictures with my tablet of my phone photos.
Hi Pete

To attach pictures to post, either click on the single "photo" icon above the message pane (to the left of the smiley face) and select your picture from whatever source. Or click on the paper clip below the message pane and search your computer for the image(s).

It's best to have the pictures ready and somewhere easy to get at (I always put them on my desk top).

Hope this helps.

1x R Feuss Berlin Steglitz df 10x80 nr 1440
I could not see a swastika on them.
Does that mean they are early or pre war?
1x blc 10x80 has eagle and swastika m 1V/ 1
Nr 1053 164889
Hope this helps
I'm not familiar with Feuss, but the "df" designation typically stands for military use.
"blc" is WWII code for Zeiss.
EDIT: I found one reference to Feuss WWII binoculars. Google the term "WW II Busch FLAK 10 x 80" to that should show your binocular's configuration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back