• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seasonal Nature Photos (1 Viewer)

He's lovely, Val!

Here's my offering from this afternoon. I think that it will be a week or so before anything else begins to turn, unless there is a frost.....;)

Attachments

• Autumn fields..jpg
    Autumn fields..jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Beginning to turn..jpg
    Beginning to turn..jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Haws..jpg
    Haws..jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Sycamore wings..jpg
    Sycamore wings..jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Turning..jpg
    Turning..jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 49
Lovely selection there, Wendy. I think you are right; another couple of weeks and we should see some big changes.

I found a pal for you Val!

Beautiful pictures Wendy.

Attachments

• DSC_0081-1.JPG
    DSC_0081-1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 17
Like that, Sue, all twinkly with raindrops! I took some cobwebs a week or so back, I shall search them out as they are very much autumnal features.

Nice one Pie, same species, garden spider. There are lots around at the mo. I think they have had a population explosion. LOL

Some of the cobwebs from a couple of weeks back. No inmates on them as far as I know!

Attachments

• Cobweb 3.jpg
    Cobweb 3.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 11
  • cobweb 2.jpg
    cobweb 2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 11
  • cobweb 6.jpg
    cobweb 6.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 7
Oooh some lovely additions to the thread!

Here are some from Bath yesterday ...

Attachments

• Autumn1.jpg
    Autumn1.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Autumn2.jpg
    Autumn2.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Autumn3.jpg
    Autumn3.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 9
Super autumnal pics everyone!:t:
Here's a few from our walk across the fields this afternoon,the autumn colours haven't quite arrived yet,in fact a Skylark was singing above us in one of the fields!

Attachments

• Autumn field.JPG
    Autumn field.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • field,Autumn.JPG
    field,Autumn.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
Interesting that the colours are more autumnal in Bath than in Cheshire. Maybe it's just the type of tree. All lovely photos Ruth and Kits.

This Field Maple is just beginning to show its colours.

Attachments

• field maple..jpg
    field maple..jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 11
Thanks Val & Wendy, Gosh, I think your web looks strong enough to be a hammock Wendy!

Lovely additional pics everyone, the fields look very picturesque Ruth & the Maple is wonderfully rich in colour Wendy.
Is'nt Autumn glorious?

Interesting that the colours are more autumnal in Bath than in Cheshire. Maybe it's just the type of tree.

It might just be different tree types, Wendy, but that is the beauty of this thread - we can all see each other's progress through the seasons. I am really enjoying seeing everyone's pics. :t:

The plant is called Cyclamen Hederifolium(means Ivyleafed).Not native but,extremely hardy and loves woodland shade.You really must watch the seed pods as they form.They become balls full of sticky seeds and the stems coil like springs lowering the 1cm. balls closer to the ground.They remain in this state for a long while before the balls open and release the seeds.I love them.

maurice

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back