• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sibley Guide, 2nd edition (2 Viewers)

Btw, Edward, I'm greatly enjoying Trapped (Ófærð) – up to episode 5 so far.

Still hoping that Rögnvaldur finds a Steller's Eider with his 'scope... ;)

Yes, it's very watchable but I promise I won't reveal whodunnit. It's supposed to be set in Seyðisfjörður but it is actually filmed in Siglufjörður, and we haven't received any reports of Steller's Eider from there yet. The last Bee-eater in Iceland was seen there though - https://notendur.hi.is/yannk/myndir/rarity/sae_merapi110516_2.jpg

Look forward to getting the Western Guide later this month but I hope the Wood Duck map shown in the Amazon.com preview isn't the one printed in the book (I'm guessing it's Mottled). Most inaccurate map I've seen since the one showing the distribution of Wolf in Greenland in HMW!

Unfortunately, it is that way in the actual book. But your suspicion is exactly correct, they just used the Mottled Duck map by mistake. The Wood Duck map is correct in the 'Big' and 'Eastern' guides.
Nice catch!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back