• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So Hows your 2006 Yearlist Going then ? (3 Viewers)

did some birding (coast) this weekend
brought me up to a beautifull 92

78 Greater White-fronted Goose
79 Pink-footed Goose
80 Little Egret
81 Eurasian Curlew
82 Egyptian Goose
83 Smew
84 Dunnock
85 Common Snipe
86 Common Redpoll (Mealy Redpoll)
87 White Wagtail
88 Ruddy Turnstone
89 European Golden-Plover
90 Red-breasted Merganser
91 Eurasian Oystercatcher
92 Great Black-backed Gull

hope to hit 100 by the end of the month

3 more after a poor day in Skipwith woods adding only Coal Tit, Jay and Great Spotted Woodpecker. 55 now. And i found out my fiances friend has seen Hawfinches everyday last week and she hates birding. She does work at fountains abbey though!

Woodlarks were cool birds today. Backed up by Common Scoter, Sanderling, Kittiwake & Greenshank. About 120ish Devon BOU.

Had a weekend in Suffolk & Norfolk adding 41 to my list to bring me up to 125.

Highlights were 300+ Snow Buntings at Caister, Stubbs Mill roost & the arrival of the Pink Feet at Holkham just after dawn.

Persistance paid off today, after not being seen on my patch for over a month I managed to find ....

94 - Brambling!

Chuffed, spent hours looking for this lil job!

Got to 87 on Sunday with:

83. Great Northern Diver
84. Guillemot
85. Mediterranean Gull
86. Purple Sandpiper
87. Barn Owl

The Barn Owl made up for dipping on Laughing Gull.

One of the highlights though, was not a tick, it was watching Turnstones racing up and down the street outside the shops in Brixham. One came up and pecked my daughter's foot before running under a bench!

Due to work pressures, only been out a couple of times this year - but luckily one was a birdrace (Dorset only) where team total for day was 116, and I only missed 2! Certainly helped to boost the old list up.

I haven't updated in ages, unfortunately - I've gotten some good birds in the meantime:

78. Iceland Gull
79. Red-breasted Nuthathc
80. Purple Finch
81. Winter Wren
82. Belted Kingfisher
83. GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE (lifer!!)
84. Northern Shoveler
85. Northern Mockingbird
86. Carolina Chickadee
87. Snow Bunting

I sure hope the Slaty-backed Gull in Ontario sticks around until Friday for me to see!

Last edited:
Another couple since my last update:

107: Tawny Owl
108: Black Redstart (on Worcester Cathedral!)

Also a drake Wood Duck on the river in Worcester, unknown origin but nice to see anyway!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back