• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So Hows your 2006 Yearlist Going then ? (1 Viewer)

For the BOU orientated they are the same species. Still distinctive enough to be interesting enough to go and see. Nice birds.

Yes they are Andrew, and as i went on my bicycle to see both i've decided on counting them seperate ... so 91 it is !

A couple more today including a biggie!

115: Red-legged Partridge (scarce this year)
116: Lesser Scaup- a 1st winter drake found on the river at Grimley today!

Excellent day at Pulborough Brooks

Saw the Hawfinch at hanger. My first, thrilled, and a great view too. That plus Berwicks Swans takes me to 145.
Errr....HOWEVER, 89 of them were in New Bombay. Still, It doesn't say UK year list does it?

Chris

New here but was out today near Grangemouth (Skinflats) and added a couple to the year list, Black-tailed Godwit and Jack Snipe. 138 I think that is. Doubt I'll be adding much to that for a while though.

very grim morning at RSPB Ouse Washes, no sign of the Lsr Scaup but didn't want to hang around.

added Whooper & Bewicks Swan, Meadow Pipit & Hen Harrier.

February has been off to a slow start. It took me until today, the 12th day of the month, to get any new year birds.

83. Great Horned Owl
84. Cedar Waxwing
85. Common Merganser

Dave

One more nice one yesterday to bring up the 150: Rough-legged Buzzard, being mobbed for a few minutes by a Short-eared Owl. Shame today's weather wasn't in the same league!

85- meadow pipit

of to chelmarsh in Shropshire to get a few more on the list, apparently there are some red necked grebes there, that would be a good lifer....

Last edited:
visited Chelmarsh resevoir in SHropshire for the first time, got 4 more species for the yearlist:

86- Mandarin duck
87- Willow tit
88- Chiffchaff
89- Gadwall

138 Goosander
139 Water Rail
140 Green Sandpiper
141 Ferruginous Duck
142 Red-Crested Pochard
143 Rough-Legged Buzzard
144 Hooded Crow
145 Lesser Redpoll

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back