• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So Hows your 2006 Yearlist Going then ? (1 Viewer)

A recent Curlew Sandpiper (at last!) knocks the patch list on to 185.......

Some nice snaps there Dan - haven't I seen an even better one of the Short-toed Lark?

Gavin Haig said:
A recent Curlew Sandpiper (at last!) knocks the patch list on to 185.......

Some nice snaps there Dan - haven't I seen an even better one of the Short-toed Lark?

Cheers Gav, yeah you probably have, went back to give it another blast last weekend when the light was a lot better. Pics below..

Attachments

• Woodchat_dan_web3.jpg
    Woodchat_dan_web3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 70
  • STL_dan_web2.jpg
    STL_dan_web2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20061008015442[1].jpg
    20061008015442[1].jpg
    50 KB · Views: 68
A day for sparrows, with nine species seen, including two year birds and an Indiana state lifer. My Year List is now up to 505.

504. Le Conte's Sparrow
505. Vesper Sparrow

The Le Conte's Sparrow was the state lifer (number 261). In addition, I saw a Peregrine Falcon for my Indiana Year List, which is now up to 220, surpassing last year's state year list of 218.

Dave

This evening while out doing non-birding activities (I didn't even have binoculars), I saw a Winter Wren. Although not a year bird, it was new for the year in the ABA Area (number 353) and Indiana (number 221).

Dave

224 Whiskered Tern. Titchwell
225 White-rumped Sandpiper. Cley
226 Shore Lark. Titchwell
227 Bean Goose. Brancaster

Last edited:
After missing a couple in spring it was nice to catch up with Ring Ouzel today. Great views too. At least six birds, and the two which performed best were both males. Brilliant.

186 for the patch now. Which is what took me 12 months to amass last year......

Added a few more to the British year list in the last two weeks:

283: Shore Lark - Titchwell
284: Whiskered Tern - Titchwell
285: Snow Goose- Brancaster
286: Taiga Bean Goose - a surprising find at Brancaster
287: White-Rumped Sandpiper [2] - Cley
288: Leach's Storm Petrel - BLITHFIELD!

Birdbrain what time of day where you at Brancaster I must of bumped in to you at least once on Sunday!?!?

Finally added a few more ABA birds today:

293. Black Scoter
294. White-winged Scoter
295. Red-throated Loon
296. Brant
297. Cackling Goose
298. Ross's Goose

The best bird of the day was a Razorbill, seen from Derby Hill on Lake Ontario just north of Syracuse, New York.

A trip to California last week really upped the ABA year list - by 55.
A trip to the southeast of town today added two more:
305 - Gyrfalcon (lifer also)
306 - Snow Goose

2 more yesterday, the first bein an absolute stunner:

289: RED-FLANKED BLUETAIL
290: Cattle Egret

Also saw Stone Curlew and found a Dotterel, a good day out!

Hello Dan
i was floating around all day not to sure where at what time but i do know i was at the pedlers cafe in swaffham at 7 am great cafe, next time i will were my BF badge. all the best.

Unfortunately a quiet w/end at Spurn produced just 1 year tick; with a 2nd picked up on the way home through Stoke...

222 - Little Auk.
223 - Red-backed Shrike.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back