• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Binoculars on Ebay (1 Viewer)

I saw one of those same auctions and they want to be paid through Western Union. Even if they actually do send the buyer what they paid for, they are trying to cheat ebay out of their fees by circumventing their process. You have to watch Amazon.com for this type of thing too. They want to bypass the Amazon checkout and have you send the payment Western Union. I've bought and sold on eBay with no problems, but I'd rather use Easy Pay on Cabelas, pay it off over six months with no interest, get the full warranty and return guarantee.

Fastlane said:
I saw one of those same auctions and they want to be paid through Western Union. Even if they actually do send the buyer what they paid for, they are trying to cheat ebay out of their fees by circumventing their process. You have to watch Amazon.com for this type of thing too. They want to bypass the Amazon checkout and have you send the payment Western Union. I've bought and sold on eBay with no problems, but I'd rather use Easy Pay on Cabelas, pay it off over six months with no interest, get the full warranty and return guarantee.

If any of you bids on auctions like those, don't come back complaining.

xenophobe said:
There are plenty of people there, they even have a Customer Service number. They don't publish it for obvious reasons.

The only obvious reason seems to be that they do not want to provide customers with any service. That would diminsh their profits.

Happy birding,
Arthur Pinewood :egghead:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back