• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski dilemma (1 Viewer)

Hi All,
I currently have the ATX 85, and yesterday I looked through a BTX 115 and was really impressed with the eyepiece the relief and ease of use was amazing, putting the 115 objective aside, has anyone gone from the ATX/STX to the BTX but still using the 85mm objective. I currently use my ATX 95 for all round birding the UK. Including picking birds out in bushes to seawatchinhg. Additionally I have jusy aquired given a 1.7ME Extender, but not tried it on my ATX yet. Thanks in advance

Hi All,
I currently have the ATX 85, and yesterday I looked through a BTX 115 and was really impressed with the eyepiece the relief and ease of use was amazing, putting the 115 objective aside, has anyone gone from the ATX/STX to the BTX but still using the 85mm objective. I currently use my ATX 95 for all round birding the UK. Including picking birds out in bushes to seawatchinhg. Additionally I have jusy aquired given a 1.7ME Extender, but not tried it on my ATX yet. Thanks in advance

I have ATX/STX/BTX on 65 and 95mm configuration with the 1.7ME Extender. I used a lot the BTX for longer observation like bird count etc because of the comfort with using 2 eyes. The ATX/STX mainly for Digiscoping in the rainforest etc

Hi,

a fellow birder has a BTX95 with extender and the view is quite impressive. I am quite sure that you will get good results too with your ATX85 objective and a BTX module - and even with the extender in good light.

Joachim

I hv the BTX 115mm and 85mm combo - the 115mm for local use and the 85mm for travel. I had the 95mm before i bought the 115mm but after getting the 115mm, i felt the 95mm was too close in size so i sold it and got the 85mm instead which is substantially smaller and lighter than the 115mm. It also has a slightly larger exit pupil than the 95mm.
I also hv the ATX eyepiece but havent touched it in about a yr. The fixed mag of the BTX is fine for me but more than that, the ease of viewing on the BTX is awesome…

i also hv the 8x32 EL’s so almost no change in the way the BTX unit fits to my face / eyes.

personally i feel there’s no going back for me to a single eyepiece spotting scope now. The 115mm is also awesome for astronomy and is brighter than my APM 70mm x 45* binoculars at similar mags.

cheers
Jeelan

Hi All,
I use the BTX with the 65 module. It is beautifull!!! And much easier to carry around. Try it!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back