• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Tier 2" Conquest HD or Trinovid (8x42) (1 Viewer)

Mark :eek!:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but my fingers have a mind of their own, here goes:

The lady at the back appears to have a lovely pair of porros :king:

Anon

There you go again. How can you tell at a glance? Explain. Oetzi, is there some deviation here from your 50-50 rule? Just asking. Or maybe I should just buy Holger's book.

How can you tell at a glance?

It wasn't a glance Pomp, it was very long and very close and highly magnified scrutiny :eek!:

If I scanned my eyes very quickly from side to side over the image I experienced something that I think was rolling ball. And after the magnified look at her details, all of the straight lines around me seemed to be curved!

Honestly, the things I have to do for Bird Forum ;)

Anon

It wasn't a glance Pomp, it was very long and very close and highly magnified scrutiny :eek!:

If I scanned my eyes very quickly from side to side over the image I experienced something that I think was rolling ball. And after the magnified look at her details, all of the straight lines around me seemed to be curved!

Honestly, the things I have to do for Bird Forum ;)

Anon

Rolling ball getting replaced by "killer curves", the new bino-plague.

Rolling ball getting replaced by "killer curves", the new bino-plague.

Oetzi

It will be interesting to see if Killer Curve especially attacks Swaros or whether it might spread to all brands.

I don't know what brand of binoculars the ladies are carrying, I never thought to look at those......:smoke:

Lee

Eddy, you have now provoked me to wiki for "slavonian grebe". Problem here is adult m. Homo sapiens slavoniensis in the D.O.M. phase. Zoologists have found from field observations that the D parameter increases with the O.

Eddy, you have now provoked me to wiki for "slavonian grebe". Problem here is adult m. Homo sapiens slavoniensis in the D.O.M. phase. Zoologists have found from field observations that the D parameter increases with the O.

Pomp

That is seriously impressive!

I think Mark should start a separate thread for this particular scientific study as I am sure we would all benefit by a deeper exploration.

Lee

Pomp

That is seriously impressive!

I think Mark should start a separate thread for this particular scientific study as I am sure we would all benefit by a deeper exploration.

Lee

Don't go blaming it on me, Lee. You started it (as we used to say on the playground, age 10). ;)

Heck, I didn't even know what a DOM was till I looked it up on urbandictionary. And it's the third df. at that.

I also didn't know a Horned Grebe was called a "Slavonian Grebe" elsewhere, so I actually did learn something.

M

At this point |8.|, before uncomf. questions |:$| are asked about *my* phase |:x| (Lee et al., pre-empted you there!), we should revert |^| to Conquest HD vs Trinovid |=)| - or even Nikon SEs, famous ornithologists and Land Rover Defenders |:S|.

Don't go blaming it on me, Lee. You started it (as we used to say on the playground, age 10). ;)

Heck, I didn't even know what a DOM was till I looked it up on urbandictionary. And it's the third df. at that.

I also didn't know a Horned Grebe was called a "Slavonian Grebe" elsewhere, so I actually did learn something.

M

Well, I did make an entirely innocent remark about alpine maidens that is true.

Yes (putting on serious face now) over here Horned Grebe is called Slavonian Grebe and is one of our 'blue riband' birds.

Comparing Conquest HD to Trinnie is a bit unfair to both as there is such a difference in price. At Eagle Optics there is approx $400 difference which is quite a difference. I cannot offer a view on the optical differences between them as I haven't seriously compared them side by side, mainly because I have been so impressed by the Conq 8x32 which I can't resist picking up at every opportunity.

Lee

David (OP), the only thing I can contribute is: in the big Cornell test the Conq. HDs and the Trin. HD 8x42 were rated ≥ 4.7 /5 for "clarity /crispness" and were the only models at this level other than the Z. Victorys, L. Ultravids, a Nikon EDG, and a Swarovski SLC HD and Swarovisions. Now, when *you* compare them we (I at least, v. much) would like to know what you think!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back