• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tyke Meet Late Winter 2011 (1 Viewer)

Just to throw a spanner..LDV starting to look good ???

Can you charter the Yorkshire Belle?

Just been over the Calder at Brighouse, it's very high. Yesterday it wasn't too bad so it's just overnight rain and there's a whole weekend of it forecast. Obviously the Calder doesn't go through York but would imagine there's going to be a lot of water in all the rivers.

Just been over the Calder at Brighouse, it's very high. Yesterday it wasn't too bad so it's just overnight rain and there's a whole weekend of it forecast. Obviously the Calder doesn't go through York but would imagine there's going to be a lot of water in all the rivers.

LIKE mark SAYS..SOUNDS and feels lke this one will be last minute..I personally wuld still love to get away from the twitching...

Would love to go for Black grouse ...

Making LDV potentially very good!! Wheldrake/Thorganby/NDC????

LIKE mark SAYS..SOUNDS and feels lke this one will be last minute..I personally wuld still love to get away from the twitching...

Would love to go for Black grouse ...

Mutually exclusive Paul surely......;)

Judging by the water through Castleford today if this rain keeps up it'll be snorkel time at the LDV.

Sod it....wake me up when you've decided where you want me to drive to! I ain't even gonna look at this thread till this time next week.

my vote is still Wykeham and the coast

Last edited:
Sod it....wake me up when you've decided where you want me to drive to! I ain't even gonna look at this thread till this time next week.

my vote is still Wykeham and the coast

I don't care...its the company that really matters for me....not bothered if we see something special or not...just tales of birders who only eat cheese sandwiches etc is what I find enticing.
Think i'll do as u Keith, check next week!

I should be free next Sunday.

My vote would be Scarborough early doors for Iceland Gull, divers, purps etc. Check nearby for any interesting BOPS.

Head west to my favourite Dipper site/FV feeders then Wykeham for GGS, crossbills and any other interesting BOPS.

Could end the day back at the coast e.g. Filey, depending on which route the Wessies are using to get home.

Anyone interested in bird seed send me a PM and I will let you know prices.

Cheers

What about Clumber Park/Hatfield Moors for Hawfinch/Lesser Pecker and a bash at various Redpolls?

I hate to agree with James,8-P but if I'm able to go I'd rather go to somewhere completely new like Clumber Park. People could stop off at Worlaby on the way back for the 8 SEOs!

I hate to agree with James,8-P but if I'm able to go I'd rather go to somewhere completely new like Clumber Park. People could stop off at Worlaby on the way back for the 8 SEOs!

Michael - I know it's a pain but I'm occasionally sensible! Will make sure I have your tenner for the bird report. Apologies for my slackness.

Mike - can I have a massive sack if hearts. PM price. Can share transport if you want. I don't mind driving if you don't fancy it.

Entirely not bothered by location. I have been given my pass and am chuffed to go birding. Only work can scupper it now.

Last edited:
I'll have a big bag of black sunflower seeds please Mike

Keith - shall we meet at yours? i'll pick up Ken - what time we off?

My vote is for GGS and related areas. Doc I may have to beg a lift as my car is in the garage on saturday. If its sorted though (fingers crossed) i don't mind driving.

mark.

p.s. mike can i have a bag of niger please.

p.p.s. mike i also would like to apologise for being slack with the money for the yorkshire year book and calendar.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back