• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (115 Viewers)

One for the radar - nine Great White Egret this evening at Slimbridge. Unless there has been breeding this year in Gloucestershire I can only imagine it is the Somerset Level population dispersing.

Also 23 Green Sand at Slimbridge.

Last edited:
Thanks Phil. That Green Hairstreak is still bugging me.

Des.

Des

I was at the Moors/Salwarpe for most of the day, there were many observers, the Painted Lady was seen (By A.N.Othert at the North Moors), and the Marbled White along the Salwarpe (Also by the sailing Club p.m.)

NOBODY mentioned a sighting of a Green Hairsreak. A Bit late in the season anyway!

Richard

Des

I was at the Moors/Salwarpe for most of the day, there were many observers, the Painted Lady was seen (By A.N.Othert at the North Moors), and the Marbled White along the Salwarpe (Also by the sailing Club p.m.)

NOBODY mentioned a sighting of a Green Hairsreak. A Bit late in the season anyway!

Richard

Thanks Richard. I'm still awaiting a tweet from him.

Des.

Freddie's First visit

Took my Grandson Freddie to Upton for the 1st time today, in the photo he didn't look too impressed but it is June well early July same thing. Only Terry Norledge on site, he still looks great in his 80's, the old and young B :)
. It will be interesting what the place looks like when Freddie is Terry's age.

Attachments

• fredds 1st visit to upton DSCF8610.jpg
    fredds 1st visit to upton DSCF8610.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 87
Some photo's from today on the Moors pool

Attachments

• Goldfinch AB 2J4A8267.jpg
    Goldfinch AB 2J4A8267.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Kingfisher A 2J4A8117.jpg
    Kingfisher A 2J4A8117.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 60
  • Kingfisher AB 2J4A8151.jpg
    Kingfisher AB 2J4A8151.jpg
    827.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Kingfisher AB 2J4A8233.jpg
    Kingfisher AB 2J4A8233.jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 54
early morning report from Rob G and Steve Spike at Flashes. Nothing new overnight and no sign not Ruff. Green sand 3. Water levels very low at 0.4 . rough evaporation low rainfall and a leaking sluice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back