• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (167 Viewers)

I have just confirmed with the 3 other team leaders that we are all good to go in the morning.

If there is anyone who doesn't know what this is, well here goes:
For the last 19/20 years, we at Upton have embarked on a 24 hour Birdwatch at the reserve. Basically we record as many species as we can between us, this includes flyovers as well as singing/calling birds.
In the last couple of years we have been in competition against Belvide and Marsh Lane (last year). This year we have a 4 way competition. During the day we text each other to keep tabs on the respective totals.
Suffice to say Belvide won each time, although we did come 2nd ..when there were 2 teams in it:smoke:.

The Teams are
Belvide - Steve Nuttall
Marsh Lane - Nik Barlow
Middleton Hall RSPB - Geoff Williams
and US
may the best team win.
Best of luck everyone
come on Boys we can do it 3rd will do8-P

Hi all
Good luck for tomorrow, unfortunately i can't be there but happy birding!
Keep us informed on the forum won't you!
chris

Today at the Moors there were 4 Yellow wags and at the Flashes 3 more.

At 11am, I removed the overflow pipe at the Flashes, due to the water level being between 0.52 and 0.53. It should drop by 4 to 5cm in 24 hours, if there is no rain and the stream doesn't back flow.

See you all in the morningB :):gn:

John - I am aiming to be at the Moors by 4am so you can go straight to the Flashes if you want.

See you all in a couple of hours.

Gutted I can't be on reserve today, best of luck to you all sounds like your off to a good start already!

Any obvious birds missing that some of the lunchtime strollers could keep an extra eye out for?

Cormorant #80

Missing Hobby Cuckoo House Sparrow Curlew Mistle Thrush Grey Wagtail

Looks like some time staring at the sky for Hobby, around Lifestyles buildings for House Sparrow and the jetties around the Sailing Club and listening carefully to flyover wagtails are required.

Other 3 I guess will be luck unless anyone can remember seeing Mistle Thrush in certain areas possibly breeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back