• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (18 Viewers)

Something old, with a new twist. Rose-breasted Grosbeak on my suet feeder
earlier this morning (10 May '16)
Partially hidden by suet when I first seen it, was thinking that's one chubby downy.

A Golden Eye duck, Male, decided to use my shed roof as a sleeping station. Not cricket as I needed to sharpen some tools. However, being the birder, I left it to sleep.

A juvenile Siskin has just flown into the garden taking shelter from the horrendous weather.

I get winter Siskin regularly but never in the summer, so this Juvenile is a garden first.

Today has been the best day so far since I started actually paying closer attention.
I live in the middle of stoke and have a tiny back garden so anything passes me really but today's count is..
2 adult and 1 young Bullfinch
3 young Blue Tit
2 Great Tit
1Blackbird
1 pigeon
1 Wren
A few Sparrows and
a grey squirrel.

Today has been the best day so far since I started actually paying closer attention.
I live in the middle of stoke and have a tiny back garden so anything passes me really but today's count is..
2 adult and 1 young Bullfinch
3 young Blue Tit
2 Great Tit
1Blackbird
1 pigeon
1 Wren
A few Sparrows and
a grey squirrel.
Fabulous to get the Bullfinches!

2 consecutive evenings where I have had a Woodcock fly over.

Young male Sparrowhawk caught a juvenile Blue tit and pretty much standard fare with the rest of the species.

Video cam is still recording the Fox's and Badgers every night, which are sometimes joined by a Hedgehog and a Wood Mouse.

Whilst putting the washing out this morning (a man's work is never done!!:-O) a male Bullfinch flew over. Also plenty of Swallows and House Martins over the back garden at the moment.

Rich

It has been a little slow at our backyard bird feeding station lately. However this morning there have been 30 House Sparrows, 2 White-breasted Nuthatches, several House Finches, Northern Cardinal, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Mourning Dove, Black-capped Chickadee and a Carolina Wren coming in to feast on the offerings we have set out for them.

*Edit:
Just added Hairy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker and American Goldfinch.

11 species

Yesterday my yard looked like a scene from The Birds. And my feeders were empty. Hundreds of large dark birds. I am a newbie to this so not sure what they are. I won't fill the feeders for a couple of days in hopes they will move on. Spent a while at my local farm store looking at feeders. I just want to watch my pretty birds relax and enjoy a snack like they did before word got out. Not a huge swarm of birds engulfing my yard. Am I asking for too much?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back