• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (22 Viewers)

Busy morning at the feeders, snow on the horizon maybe a factor? First sighting this morning were the Long-tailed Tits and a flurry since then, the sun is out and the snow is falling North of us .... so far.
8:25 - Long-tailed Tits, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch & Robin at the first sitting.
8:48 - Mistle Thrush dived in for a quick feed
8:53 - GSW
9:10 - Brambling,
glanced out and it was hiding among the Chaffinches
10:18 - Jackdaw, a couple dropped in to scoff as many suet pellets as possible in 4 seconds
Lots of Blackbirds coming and going, Coal, Great, Blue & long-tailed Tits, Goldfinch, Dunnock, Robin, Tree & House Sparrow, they're not usually at the feeders.
Went for a stroll round the garden, spotted a Red Kite, out over the fields and a pair of Buzzards cruising over the woods.
It's been non-stop since then, a photo fest for me :)
Went round to the side hedge yesterday to find Reed Bunting, Yellowhammer, Tree Sparrow, Linnet, Great Tit, Blue Tit, this lot stay on the fringes, very rarely seen at the feeders.
Going to be a busy day out there. today! (y):)👌

Busy morning at the feeders, snow on the horizon maybe a factor? First sighting this morning were the Long-tailed Tits and a flurry since then, the sun is out and the snow is falling North of us .... so far.
8:25 - Long-tailed Tits, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch & Robin at the first sitting.
8:48 - Mistle Thrush dived in for a quick feed
8:53 - GSW
9:10 - Brambling,
glanced out and it was hiding among the Chaffinches
10:18 - Jackdaw, a couple dropped in to scoff as many suet pellets as possible in 4 seconds
Lots of Blackbirds coming and going, Coal, Great, Blue & long-tailed Tits, Goldfinch, Dunnock, Robin, Tree & House Sparrow, they're not usually at the feeders.
Went for a stroll round the garden, spotted a Red Kite, out over the fields and a pair of Buzzards cruising over the woods.
It's been non-stop since then, a photo fest for me :)
Went round to the side hedge yesterday to find Reed Bunting, Yellowhammer, Tree Sparrow, Linnet, Great Tit, Blue Tit, this lot stay on the fringes, very rarely seen at the feeders.
Going to be a busy day out there. today! (y):)👌
Looks very busy there. I'm glad I'm not doing your big garden bird watch🤔🤔🤣🤣

Snow has arrived this morning in East Cheshire. Five Siskin, a single Redwing, plenty of Rooks looking very menacing like an Alfred Hitchcock scene and a Ring-necked Parakeet looking out of place in the snow laden tree
Have the parakeets become pretty much resident in the Poynton area ? Certainly well established across south Manchester now but I’ve only seen them a couple of times here in Macc. They seem regular now at Dunham Massey and also saw some at Quarry Bank this year.

Have the parakeets become pretty much resident in the Poynton area ? Certainly well established across south Manchester now but I’ve only seen them a couple of times here in Macc. They seem regular now at Dunham Massey and also saw some at Quarry Bank this year.
Resident in Poynton Pool coppice now. I had 16 flyover the nearby Poynton High school playing fields a month ago, but I get upto 6 most days either in the garden trees or flying back and forth over our estate

I've no idea if they've become established in the Bradford area but I've seen my first one some woods where I go to check on the buzzard and I've seen a minimum of 4 and heard calls from another unseen one over the Thornton area of Bradford last week. They've been in the area for over a few weeks now. I'm not to keen on the bird in all fairness.

Birds seem to have survived the overnight weather, coming down in the usual numbers which is good to see (y)

Main issue is that the weather is still so foul the food will probably clog up in the feeders before they can clean up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back