• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is your favorite Bird! (1 Viewer)

shutterflyd50

Hi all i was just wondering what everyones favorite bird is or which one is on thier life list that they want to see or take a pic of!

Mine is a Red-brested Nuthatch, pileated, and a kingfisher!

my favorite would have to be bushtit, and I would love to take a picture of a Lark Bunting (got my nickname bunting boy from counting this bird, they wanted to get my attention so they starting yelling "bunting boy")

Favorite is the crow, American style.

my primary photo need at the moment is a male 'akepa, but I also hope to get access to the 'alala (hawaiian crow) pen at some point for a photo, as well. Nihoa finch and nihoa millerbird would certainly be once-in-a-lifetime birds to see. :)

Last edited:
KAKAPO...having been lucky enough to spend 2 weeks on Whenou Hou in early 2002, the last significant (and how!) breeding season...I can't begin to describe the electric atmosphere on the island at that time...new nests discovered daily...unheard of in living memory...SUPERB...and having spent 4 weeks on Rangatira about 1 month previously...Chatham Island Petrel (ChIPs) in the hand, Shore Plover, Chatham Oyc, etc, et bleedin cetera...AWESOME in every which way, shape, form...you describe it...

Pileated Woodpecker, Prothonotary Warbler, Yellow-billed Cuckoo

If extinct birds are allowed replace those with Passenger Pigeon, Carolina Parakeet, and Ivory-billed Woodpecker as my top favorites!

mine is the red breasted nuthatch.
i like the shade of blue on its back.
i was lucky enough to have one take a peanut from my hand one day this late spring, while filling my feeders.
guess he just couldn't wait.

It seems to change day to day with me - and I assume alot of you folks too. But I have to say regardless of its regularity, the "Black-Capped Chickadee" has to be one of the most amazing birds! I can never get tired of seeing one of these tiny dignified birds. They seem to project so many contradictory persona's - humble yet confident, ecstatic yet contemplative, not enough adjectives for them - what an amazing little critters!

I think my favorite is the Hooded Warbler. I have never seen one in person so it remains to be seen if this is truly my favorite. I love the way these birds look. As far as the Birds I have seen live and in person. I would have to say the Baltimore Oriel. They are wonderful birds with a great look and musical song.

I think my faves right now are the scolopacids, Icterids, Tyrannids (especially the empids and contopus), and corvids (especially common raven and green jay)

I dont have a favorite species, that is much to hard!

For me also i forgot about the Prothonarary warbler that is definatily up there i cannot belive a redbrested ate from your hand! thats great!

I like many, but due to good times on a trip and my daughter, Atlantic Puffin.

Favorite bird not seen yet: oxpecker

Black Capped Chickadee, Red Breasted Nuthatch, Yellow Warbler, Gray Catbird, Northern Flicker, Chipping Sparrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back