• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's been in your garden today? (1 Viewer)

Have a birdbath, didn't think it would be used all that much, but since I got it there have been fights among the Starlings to use it

Goldcrest!

Saw a goldcrest in my garden this morning! A first and the first addition to my garden list for ages. Brings the total to 35.

Grey Heron
European Sparrowhawk
Common Pheasant
Black-headed Gull
Herring Gull
Wood Pigeon
Ferral Pigeon
Collared Dove
Rose-ringed Parakeet
Common Swift
Green Woodpecker
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Barn Swallow
Wren
Hedge Accentor
Robin
Blackbird
Fieldfare
Song Thrush
Redwing
Blackcap
Chiff Chaff
Long Tailed Tit
Coal Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Magpie
Jackdaw
Carrion Crow
Eurasian Jay
Common Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Greenfinch
Goldcrest seen 5 Oct 05

Tucson, southeast Arizona

Gambel's Quail, Turkey Vulture, Gila Woodpecker, Phainopepla, Wilson's Warbler, Lesser Goldfinch. The current crop of desert hackberry (Celtis) is ripening fast, and every bird in the neighborhood is dropping in to check them out.

Black-Capped Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, Downy Woodpeckers, House Sparrows, Goldfinches, Mourning Doves, Blue Jays. Cardinals, White-Breasted Nuthatch, and a Red-Breasted Nuthatch which is lifer for me!

Last edited:
my gosh, I look at the lists of birds here and goggle in awe

My day began with a dozen sparrows and starlings, and two magpies, and one coal.

The coal was a bonus!

I still feel really privileged though.

Have just had my first ever long tailed tit visitors to my garden, 3 of them taking a fancy to a suet block.

Yes, I know they're common, but they're still a garden first for me and sometimes you've just got to tell someone who may appreciate the news! :t:

found this beasty marching accross the car park at work this morning :eek!:

body is about 5" long, only had one claw, decided it probably wouldn't be good to have living in the ponds so scooped it up, someone thought it was a signal crayfish & took it away to confirm.

apparently some clever person thought it would be a good idea to dump some in our village pond years ago so suspect that's where it came from.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 96
Hi I am relativly new to this site.
On the Bird Feeder I have had about 7 Sparowws, 1 Coaltit, and about 6 squabling Starlings (Only room for 2) Ho and 1 Squirel.

Blackcap, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Blackbirds, Starlings, House Sparrows, Dunnocks, Robins, Collared Doves, Woodpigeons, Goldfinches, Greenfinches. Oh and a Squirrel !!!

still got what seem to me are unusually large flocks of birds around, today have seen numerous groups of Sky Larks, Song/Mistle Thrush, and mixed flocks of Tits/Warblers.

watched a huge flock of Long Tailed/Blue/Great/Coal Tits plus good numbers of what looked like mostly Chiffchaff in some large Horse Chestnuts this afternoon. Have worked outside in the same place for 13+ yrs and get used to seeing the regular comings and goings but dont remember an autumn like this one.

Latest visit to garden

B :) Hi
It all seems to be happening,started with a couple of goldfinches last week. These have now grown to twenty. Pair of blue tits. pair of great tits, 10 siskins, pair dunnocks, 6 collared doves, 1 starling.

23 Collared Doves,37 Starlings,39 Sparrows,5 Blackbirds (fighting),4 Dunnocks,2 Blue-tits,3 Coal -Tits 1 Great-tit and 1 Robin.A couple of Greens and Chaffs.

Thought I spotted the wren, deep under the shrubs, enjoying a meal.Not all the wrens here have cocked tails, so not sure.Thought I saw Blackcaps too in the Elder but again can't be sure.

Plenty of Magpies,Crows,Jackdaws and Rooks flying over.None landed today.

So different to where I work ,where we in the main see Pigeons,Common Gulls,Black headed Gulls and Herring Gulls, in high numbers.

HI, everyone, as you can see from my posts I'm new on this forum. I only discovered it last week.
It's been a good morning today for birds in my garden. A small flock of about 8 long tailed tits flew into the garden stayed a few minutes and then flew away. They didn't go onto any of the feeders. On my two seedfeeders I had a nuthatch, several greenfinches, blue tits, great tits, coal tits and a dozen house sparrows. On the peanut feeder there were lots of blue tits, sparrows and starlings and mopping up the seeds fallen on the lawn were several collared doves, 2 woodpigeons and a robin. I still haven't had anything on my nyjer seed feeder yet which I put up at the weekend. I had a goldfinch eating sunflower hearts out of the normal seedfeeder yesterday but it wasn't interested in the nyjer feeder.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back