• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Snow Bunting in the UK? (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Can anyone confirm which is the regular race of Snow Bunting that we see on the East cost of England?

Adding more details to my Scythebill list and there are a couple of races named there which could feasibly occur regularly?

Can anyone confirm which is the regular race of Snow Bunting that we see on the East cost of England?

Adding more details to my Scythebill list and there are a couple of races named there which could feasibly occur regularly?
Parkin & Knox (2009, The Status of Birds in Britain and Ireland) say "in Norfolk both races [i.e. nivalis and insulae] present in approximate[ly] equal numbers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back