• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wren, SE PA (1 Viewer)

Kelly Colgan Azar

I think this is a winter wren, shot illuminated by the setting sun with a flash which I forgot to turn off - sigh. Someone is telling me it's a house wren. I've shot lots of house wrens, all significantly larger than this bird. What do you guys think.
Thank you for your help.
Kelly

Attachments

• WinterWren10-17-10DSC_2716.jpg
    WinterWren10-17-10DSC_2716.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 132
Thanks, Ovenbird. I am certain I have never seen a wren like this one before. It was extremely small and the tiny tail was turned up the entire time I photographed him. I've monitored boxes in which house wrens nest and photographed them often. I say winter wren too :) Thanks a million for your help!!!
Kelly

Thank you, James. I appreciate your opinion very much. I was certain of the id, but I've been certain of incorrect id's in the past... It's good to have back up.
Thanks again!
Kelly

Thank you, mrmanning and Your Bird Oasis, for your comments. This was a lifer for me whose song I have never heard. I'll have to listen to Cornell Lab recordings. Thank you very much again, for your kind words and assistance!
kelly

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back