• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

x32 SF (4 Viewers)

Resembling the Swaros more and more. Except, the Swaros now have those ugly "warts" on the side. :eat:

Robert

I am struggling to see a resemblance as the SF has 3 bridges, not two, and the focus wheel is located between two of those bridges instead of being perched up on top, the armour looks different etc etc.

Lee

Really helpful, John. You can compare the size of the eye cups in 2nd picture. Nice!

You can but take care: the pic looks as though it was taken with a wide-angle lens and these lenses tend to exaggerate anything closer to the lens so it this case I think the SF42 eyecups look a bit bigger than they actually are.

Lee

Robert

I am struggling to see a resemblance as the SF has 3 bridges, not two, and the focus wheel is located between two of those bridges instead of being perched up on top, the armour looks different etc etc.

Lee

I'm only referring to the x32 models. It's more the straight tubes compared to formerly more curved shapes and often some ribs, that bring some resemblance. Well, it's like with fashions in cars, not necessarily close, yet one can usually tell what decade they belong to. 3:) Leica fits in as well, again without counting bridges.

Last edited:
I'm only referring to the x32 models. It's more the straight tubes compared to formerly more curved shapes and often some ribs, that bring some resemblance. Well, it's like with fashions in cars, not necessarily close, yet one can usually tell what decade they belong to. 3:) Leica fits in as well, again without counting bridges.

OK Robert, I see what you mean and yes the more curvy FL32 with its chunky armour was very different.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back