• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

x32 SF (3 Viewers)

LOL. You should be in show business CJ...... :-O:-O

Lee

This is probably the first of the herd of dead horses to be flogged as we merrily approach the coming out party. The carbon fiber conundrum that Dennis is wearing out his search engine on will probably peter out soon.

Lee, I agree with you about the SF balance. It is excellent, intentional, and I expect it will even benefit the x32 model. As for all the other binoculars that have a different arrangement w/regard to focuser placement and point of balance, user experience has demonstrated that they too can be held and used just fine.

On to the next pressing issue! "low" light transmission! Why, how, what, and who....

Its only Wednesday, after all.

Cheers,

Bill

Lee, I agree with you about the SF balance. It is excellent, intentional, and I expect it will even benefit the x32 model. As for all the other binoculars that have a different arrangement w/regard to focuser placement and point of balance, user experience has demonstrated that they too can be held and used just fine.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill, you are absolutely right and by golly I have some of those differently-shaped and balanced binos myself and there are one or two that I love dearly.

Lee

No, the reason is that the focal length change of the glass objective in its cell, and the physical length change of a carbon fiber tube due to thermal expansion are not well matched; aluminium does much better. A carbon fiber refractor requires more re-focusing. It's a killer material for reflectors though.

Even if your answer is certainly not wrong, aluminum cools down quickly and that is also a reason why this material is used in high-end apos.
I've had the pleasure many times ...;)

Andreas

Lastly, these bins are x32mm ! Those with even average hands will be all over both tubes of any open style frame.
I'm hoping that this will be the answer for dislikers of open bridge construction, even though the SFs are relatively big for their aperture. I found it to be so when I tried a SV 32.

5 pages in the thread already - this one could be the record for pre-release speculation.....think i'll find me a comfortable chair.

:gh::gh:

Regarding your last remark:

The "leaked" info was not meant for public use but only for internal use.
It is common to use these comparisons during those meetings and this is done by all brands and in the past they didn't use names but colors (Blue is Zeiss, Green is Swarovski, Red is Leica and Yellow is Nikon).
In these political correct, non profiling times brand names are used.
Don't blame Zeiss for doing something (for internal use) everybody does but the others weren't catched in the act:-C

By now everybody knows that the new baby SF will be launched at the IWA.
It is a "shame" it leaked out, but let's not make it more then it is.

Jan

Jan:
I agree, it seems someone who is not a regular poster on here, wanted to be the first person to introduce a new product release from one of the major optics companies.

Very poor decision, not good. It was not approved by anyone at Zeiss.

In the USA, we call that a leaker, or a blabbermouth.

Jerry

it seems someone who is not a regular poster on here, wanted to be the first person to introduce a new product release from one of the major optics companies.

Very poor decision, not good.

What a strange comment. The information was posted on CloudyNights (by a very established poster there) - would you have preferred that posting was not mentioned here at all?

Had you commented on the person leaking it on the Chinese forum, I wouldn't mind.

What a strange comment. The information was posted on CloudyNights (by a very established poster there) - would you have preferred that posting was not mentioned here at all?

…………..

Same feelings here. Why not make use of what can be found on the internet. Times have changed, so manufacturers will have to adjust if they don't want things to become public. And in the end, there has not really been any damage done. At best some bubble that burst a bit prematurely.

Same feelings here. Why not make use of what can be found on the internet. Times have changed, so manufacturers will have to adjust if they don't want things to become public. And in the end, there has not really been any damage done. At best some bubble that burst a bit prematurely.

You are both right IMHO, but.......
When the leaking source seems to be some one with a signed embargo (trader) agreement, it is something else than when an "outsider" gets wind of it and blows it in the open.
I/we blame the trader, not the outsider.

Jan

When the leaking source seems to be some one with a signed embargo (trader) agreement, it is something else than when an "outsider" gets wind of it and blows it in the open.

Jan
It could have been the trader's courier, printer, or any number of peripheral sets of eyes and ears. Better strap on the six-shooter .... the Far East seems like the old Wild West ! :gn: It's a cultural thing. :cat:

Chosun :gh:

Jan

I should say again I don't know who is the leaking source.
I just posted something which is already in the public domain when I posted it.
I expressed my hesitation and reason to post the original link, however I don't regret that and I don't think I was to blame.

I should say again I don't know who is the leaking source.
I just posted something which is already in the public domain when I posted it.
I expressed my hesitation and reason to post the original link, however I don't regret that and I don't think I was to blame.

AFAIK nobody blames you:t:
Don't feel blamed. This is the fun part of being here. 99.999999% leaks out on BF before launchB :)

Jan

Last edited:
Maybe Zeiss should send a few to some of the respected experts on BF to get the real life reviews rolling so they’ll sell even faster when they finally can do a showy launch... give them time to build up more stock too !

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back