• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Service advice please - UK based. (1 Viewer)

Helen O

Anything that flies
United Kingdom
Blimey, not been on here for a while it's all changed!

Purchased the 8x42 T*FL bins back in 2003/4 or thereabouts, at the Bird Fair!

Never been serviced. They have been to Kruger NP with me on numerous occasions, and I think it's now time for a good clean/service.
Have had a look at the previous threads, but not really found any that are useful ref Service.

Do I send direct to Zeiss, or through a third party? Oxfordshire location. Also, any ballpark figure of the cost?
Advice welcome. Thanks.

Blimey, not been on here for a while it's all changed!

Purchased the 8x42 T*FL bins back in 2003/4 or thereabouts, at the Bird Fair!

Never been serviced. They have been to Kruger NP with me on numerous occasions, and I think it's now time for a good clean/service.
Have had a look at the previous threads, but not really found any that are useful ref Service.

Do I send direct to Zeiss, or through a third party? Oxfordshire location. Also, any ballpark figure of the cost?
Advice welcome. Thanks.
Contact East Coast binocular Repairs http://binocular-repair.co.uk/

Helen
Follow Richard's advice, East Coast Binocular Repairs is the official service centre for Zeiss UK and Gary who runs it is an ace bino engineer with loads of experience having been employed by both Leica and Zeiss before starting his own business.

Lee

"@Richard Scott @Troubador thanks both. The website currently has the message: "Due To A Severe Backlog We Have Temporarily Stopped Accepting All Repairs With The Exception Of Zeiss West Germany. (This Is NOT Zeiss Jena)". So I think I should be ok with mine. I'll contact him anyway.
Thanks.

"@Richard Scott @Troubador thanks both. The website currently has the message: "Due To A Severe Backlog We Have Temporarily Stopped Accepting All Repairs With The Exception Of Zeiss West Germany. (This Is NOT Zeiss Jena)". So I think I should be ok with mine. I'll contact him anyway.
Thanks.
Hi Helen,

Yes, we are still accepting West German Zeiss repairs as normal.

As long as no major parts are required a service to your binocular should be free of charge.

Gary.

I would like to give a huge shout out to East Coast Binocular Repairs, and Gary. Absolutely superb service.
They were serviced and cleaned and turned around within a couple of days.
Thoroughly recommended (y)(y)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back