• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2015 (2 Viewers)

Thanks everyone, it's still in the garden this morning.
It was a good bird day yesterday as we had to go to Annecy shopping, I had a quick scoot up to the chateau and had TWO Wallcreepers on the tower :t:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, it's still in the garden this morning.
It was a good bird day yesterday as we had to go to Annecy shopping, I had a quick scoot up to the chateau and had TWO Wallcreepers on the tower :t:

Lucky you yesterday with the birds and you getting to Annecy , beautiful there.

29 Black kite yesterday

Last edited:
Had a lazy morning watching MOTD in bed and noticed a Common Buzzard and Raven flying over. Must say I'm hugely impressed with some the garden birds being reported here.

Rich

Citril Finch, Wallcreeper even Black Kite would be lifer for me :eek!:

Meanwhile in my garden: #19. Bullfinch. I allready think that they don't come this winter at all...

One more for the year:

41 Crested Tit

Frustratingly heard only as I was clearing snow in front of the house and it was doing its scolding trill around the back! The first in the garden since last October, so instead of being a regular visitor to the feeders through the winter as it would normally be, this species has been totally absent, though plentiful just half a mile away in the forest.

I have seen quite a few Mallards, but somehow they have not made my 2015 Missouri List.
#58 is Mallard
I also got Mallards this morning. #24 Pitiful list. Wish my parents had a more bird friendly yard! Just down the road at the Huntington Beach Central Park the birding is great!

Oops! ;)
---Quote (Originally by Larry Lade)---
I have seen quite a few Mallards, but somehow they have not made my 2015 Missouri List.
#58 is Mallard
---End Quote---
Mallard did make my 2015 Missouri List, not my 2015 Yard List!

Despite the return of Oystercatchers and Curlews to the moors none has flown over the garden yet...

Last edited:
Yesterday in the evening within 10 minutes:
#20 Herring Gull
#21 Great Black-backed Gull

PS. It goes maybe a month before the Oystercatchers and Curlews are here...

Lots of action in the sun and warmish wind this morning.
Three each of Sparrowhawk and Buzzard, Kestrels displaying and the second Peregrine of the year.
Bullfinches and Greater pecker, Grey Wagtail etc

But the only new one was

Great black-backed gull.

30 Carrion Crow , two of them yesterday . Beautiful day bright sun blue sky ,been sitting in the garden.
More snow falls on the mountains , looks great from down here !
Hows your snow Richard still very deep ?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back