• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last butterfly of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Big surprise today - one Brown Hairstreak. My first of the year, the first ever on my land and my latest ever for this species. And potentially my last butterfly of the year ... rain forecast for the next days, thennit kight all be over.

Breezy but sunny up at Talacre this morning, two Small Coppers and a handful of Walls.

Attachments

• IMG_7091.JPG
    IMG_7091.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 4
Can add our regular Large White and Small White to the day tally ... something brown flew through the garden earlier but too high and quick for id.

Can add our regular Large White and Small White to the day tally ... something brown flew through the garden earlier but too high and quick for id.

Upgraded to a Large White and 2 Small Whites copulating. Disgraceful behaviour. Just been out for a short walk behind the house - overcast but 3 Red Admiral, 2 in flight 1 sat on ivy.

A beautiful sunny morning here brought Common Blue, Brown Argus, Oberthur's Grizzled Skipper, Small Copper, Red Admiral, Queen of Spain, Eastern Bath White, Wall Brown, Green-veined White and umpteen Clouded Yellows.

Chris

Just had a glimpse of one passing through the garden, from the untickable view it could have been Speckled Wood or Small Tortoiseshell! Hoping for a return visit...

Mostly sunny but a bit cold and windy today. Think I've lost the whites from the garden, but 2 each of Peacock, Red Admiral and Speckled Wood out in the countryside.

Evening

On Saturday I saw a Clouded Yellow at Sandwich Bay, Kent.

Regards

Last Sunday I had a Wall at Leysdown, Isle of Sheppey. I would have been happy to finish the year on either. Today, however, I came across a Red Admiral on the outskirts of Sittingbourne.

Regards

Still butterflies in Cornwall. Out at my place today Red Admiral, Peacock, Speckled Wood, Small Copper and Green-veined White. All rather brief shooting past in flight except for the Speckled Wood and Small Copper basking in the sunshine. Presume Common Darter too.

Still plenty here too. This afternoon I had Brown Argus, Common Blue, Red Admiral, an abundance of Clouded Yellows and a bonus Delattin's/Grayling.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back