• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My new NL Pure 8x32 (1 Viewer)

I bought this fieldbag and are very happy with it.

Maybe give it some time. It was my first reaction as well, but now I like the long strap. I wear my NL 10x32 mostly bandolier style.
Maybe I will take a look at this bag. But I hate to spend a lot of extra money while Swarovski doesn't deliver useful stuff with there expensive binos.

And maybe I get used to the strap, but bandolier style doesn't suite me.

There was a great deal in The Netherlands: 40 euro + shipping. Not anymore unfortunately.
You are right about this. It's a shame they downgraded the bag... and that you have to spend even more to get really sattisfied.

When I do not carry the binoculars bandolier style I do not mind when the strap is quite long. Bandolier style is nice while cycling.

I recently looked into ordering directly and found shipping to be excessive. Instead, I made my own knock-off following this guide: DIY – Binocular Harness – By Kurt Holmes

It came out quite well (for cheap!) and I agree with other posters that it is very comfortable and versatile!
Ah yes. I recently tried to buy one of the Berlebach wooden bino/tripod supports. Shipping was more than the item..

Last edited:
I recently looked into ordering directly and found shipping to be excessive. Instead, I made my own knock-off following this guide: DIY – Binocular Harness – By Kurt Holmes

It came out quite well (for cheap!) and I agree with other posters that it is very comfortable and versatile!
That is a nice solution! Although I will have to overcome my fear that one of the chain elements (swivel, ring, tiewraps) gives away.

Send an email to

attention Paul. He is the owner and was the first to import the harness to the UK.

He may be able to ship one to you and it would certainly be cheaper than importing from the USA.

Send an email to

attention Paul. He is the owner and was the first to import the harness to the UK.

He may be able to ship one to you and it would certainly be cheaper than importing from the USA.
Thank you, I shall give it a try!

I have been birding quite intensively with the NL Pure 8x32 over the past week. My findings:

The rainguard was a bit stiff in the beginning, was actually too tight. But after a week regularly putting it on and taking it off, it's already a lot better.

I followed a courting black-tailed godwit against a bright blue sky. Then I saw a wide grayish ring around the blue center. In other situations I have not seen this ring, but I have not looked for it either.

Thanks to the FOV, it really is easier to find and track birds. But at a marshy area where a lot of birds could be seen from left to right I tend not to move the binoculars anymore, but to let my eyes wander through the field of view. And then kidney beans appear. It's not a disaster, it's preventable.

At another moment the glasses started to fog up a bit. I realized that I opened my mouth a little while watching. When I closed my mouth it fogs up less quickly. But I do think so in colder weather this phenomenon will strike quickly, as others have also reported. A pity.

As for the neckstrap, I've been on the verge of purchasing the Rick Young Harness. But I think anyway that it wouldn't make me happy, I don't need anything but a neckstrap. That's why I bought one simple traditional lightweight neckstrap.

The fieldbag I don't use. In the attic I found a bag that was once intended for a film camera or camera. Is perfect for me, especially because there is a flap at the top, ideal for me.

It is a wonderful pair of binoculars, I am very happy with it.

I have been birding quite intensively with the NL Pure 8x32 over the past week. My findings:

The rainguard was a bit stiff in the beginning, was actually too tight. But after a week regularly putting it on and taking it off, it's already a lot better.

I followed a courting black-tailed godwit against a bright blue sky. Then I saw a wide grayish ring around the blue center. In other situations I have not seen this ring, but I have not looked for it either.

Thanks to the FOV, it really is easier to find and track birds. But at a marshy area where a lot of birds could be seen from left to right I tend not to move the binoculars anymore, but to let my eyes wander through the field of view. And then kidney beans appear. It's not a disaster, it's preventable.

At another moment the glasses started to fog up a bit. I realized that I opened my mouth a little while watching. When I closed my mouth it fogs up less quickly. But I do think so in colder weather this phenomenon will strike quickly, as others have also reported. A pity.

As for the neckstrap, I've been on the verge of purchasing the Rick Young Harness. But I think anyway that it wouldn't make me happy, I don't need anything but a neckstrap. That's why I bought one simple traditional lightweight neckstrap.

The fieldbag I don't use. In the attic I found a bag that was once intended for a film camera or camera. Is perfect for me, especially because there is a flap at the top, ideal for me.

It is a wonderful pair of binoculars, I am very happy with it.
Was there anything in particular you liked?

Today I bought the NL Pure 8x32. Here are a few impressions.

The bino is comfortable to hold and viewing is problem-free, for example I don't have to make an effort to avoid blackouts.
I could easily attach the carrying strap with the help of the manual. But I find the whole thing rather sloppy with those long and loose ends of the strap. Maybe someone has tips on this?
Also, it's a pity this Pure does not fit in the case when de strap is attached.

View attachment 1501811

The rainguard fits well over each of the eyecups, but I have to stretch it with a bit of force to put it over both eyecups. So this is a bit clumsy and can't be done mindlessly and without looking. Hopefully things will go smoother later on. I have tried it with the strap thru one eye of the rainguard en thru both of them. Don't know what I like best.

So far the first impressions.

if you dont like the excess loose ends, you can try the neck strap from the CL range. the loose end of this is sewn into a small tri-glide piece. I hv this neck strap on all my EL’s and i feel its a step up from EL / NL neck straps.

Attachments

• 3F9DC526-FC29-40CB-B14A-68BD018491B2.jpeg
    3F9DC526-FC29-40CB-B14A-68BD018491B2.jpeg
    477.6 KB · Views: 42
if you dont like the excess loose ends, you can try the neck strap from the CL range. the loose end of this is sewn into a small tri-glide piece. I hv this neck strap on all my EL’s and i feel its a step up from EL / NL neck straps.
Thanks, but I use another strap already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back