• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon store warning! (1 Viewer)

What don't you like about neoprine straps ? I myself find them to be comfortable…
The main thing I don’t like about a neoprene strap is the grippiness of it, making it difficult to slide my binoculars around without fighting it. Very comfortable and probably perfect for many others though.
My favorite straps are smooth nylon, ideally seatbelt material. Very slippery, making it the ideal material for me.

The main thing I don’t like about a neoprene strap is the grippiness of it, making it difficult to slide my binoculars around without fighting it. Very comfortable and probably perfect for many others though.
My favorite straps are smooth nylon, ideally seatbelt material. Very slippery, making it the ideal material for me.
I agree, I don't like the way they stretch!!!!!!!!!!!

Only $80.00?
If the quality justifies it that seems pretty reasonable. My favorite acoustic guitar strap is leather at $170. By contrast, my favorite electric strap is made of seatbelt material and just $30.
If you like leather that might be a great choice for you.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment! I ordered a pair of 8X42 M5 re-furbs from the Nikon store for my daughter. I think she'll like them for birding and looking at the Pleides, her favorite!

If the quality justifies it that seems pretty reasonable. My favorite acoustic guitar strap is leather at $170. By contrast, my favorite electric strap is made of seatbelt material and just $30.
If you like leather that might be a great choice for you.
To me, this is the ideal strap. Who makes one like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 13
It bothers me that the Zeiss and Nikon straps they sell with their expensive binoculars are not available to purchase as standalone items. I think the Nikon EDG one is my favorite, but you have to buy the whole enchilada to get one.

I don't like neoprine straps, any suggestions?

for a light binocular like the MHG, I've found a standard webbing strap (as often used on cameras) will work just fine. I rather like the look of the retro yellow Nikon strap I've got on my 10x42 SE - I prefer it to the thinner original strap with the faux leather backing.

Attachments

• Nikon_4507_AN_6Y_Wide_Nylon_Neckstrap_37067[1].jpg
    Nikon_4507_AN_6Y_Wide_Nylon_Neckstrap_37067[1].jpg
    345 KB · Views: 3
I wanted the yellow strap because I've always associated Nikon's logo with the word "Nikon" in black, on a yellow background. I guess I'm a bit old school. Plus, you can pick secondhand examples up real cheap, and I'm definitely cheap. 😸

I wanted the yellow strap because I've always associated Nikon's logo with the word "Nikon" in black, on a yellow background. I guess I'm a bit old school. Plus, you can pick secondhand examples up real cheap, and I'm definitely cheap. 😸
Nothing wrong with that, but I figured a new bin deserved a new strap! (And the mostly black goes well with the HG)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back