• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird are you most proud of having in your garden? (5 Viewers)

kajrowe said:
Hello everyone,

Including fly-overs what bird are you most proud of haveing in your garden? For me it was an avocet fly-over low, 1 day after I saw my very first one! sod's law!

Kristian

P.S. Add photos if possible, please.

An American Kestrel yesterday and of course, a regular, our Red-tailed Hawks "making lazy circles in the sky". (quote from the song "Oklahoma")

Hmmm.. probably the Brown-Headed Nuthatches. The reason for this is because thy are the least common Nuthatch in North America. There is about 2 pairs of them and they come everyday for their seed and suet. Sometimes they get a little clumsy and drop the sunflower seed. As for BlueJaybob, how do you get them use to you, they let me get between 30-20 feet sometimes 10, but they seem to wild to handle.

Last edited:
I would have to say our 2 highlights would be the sparrowhawk which sat in the garden for over an hour, and the other would be the very unexpectd visit by a grey wagtail.

Favorite bird in Garden

I like all birds that enter our garden but if I had to choose it would be a Coot, which is strange because there isn't a pond or lake here for miles, and a Kestrel that had hunted it's prey in our back garden and stayed there for about ten minites.

Snipe Hunting?-Wilson's Snipe

Crossland said:
I like all birds that enter our garden but if I had to choose it would be a Coot, which is strange because there isn't a pond or lake here for miles, and a Kestrel that had hunted it's prey in our back garden and stayed there for about ten minites.

Out in the pasture checking on a horse yesterday, I flushed a Wilson's Snipe from a small stream. If I had gone out to Hunt for a Snipe, I would have never found one.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back