Several species of African Hornbills.
- One of the smallest genus of all Hornbills
- They live in savanna or woodland
- They carry only a single item in the tip of the bill to the nest
- They feed mainly on insects
- In display they bow their head while uttering clucking calls
- Like other in other hornbills the entrance to the nest hole is sealed and the female stays on the nest being fed by the male
Tockus is a genus in the Family Bucerotidae.
Long-tailed Hornbill is often included in this genus. Some species have been moved to the genera Lophoceros and Horizocerus.
- Del Hoyo, J, A Elliot, and J Sargatal, eds. 2001. Handbook of the Birds of the World. Volume 6: Mousebirds to Hornbills. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions. ISBN 978-8487334306
Articles in category "Tockus"
There are 10 articles in this category.