Several species of African Hornbills.
- One of the smallest genus of all Hornbills
- They live in savanna or woodland
- They carry only a single item in the tip of the bill to the nest
- They feed mainly on insects
- In display the bill is raised skywards and whistling calls are uttered
- Like other in other hornbills the entrance to the nest hole is sealed and the female stays on the nest being fed by the male
Lophoceros is a genus in the Family Bucerotidae.
It was formerly included in the genus Tockus.
Long-tailed Hornbill is often included in this genus.
- Del Hoyo, J, A Elliot, and J Sargatal, eds. 2001. Handbook of the Birds of the World. Volume 6: Mousebirds to Hornbills. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions. ISBN 978-8487334306
Articles in category "Lophoceros"
There are 7 articles in this category.