• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 7X42 BN (1 Viewer)

pluton

Hello,
Hello,
I have seen a second-hand Leica 7X42BN model and I would like to know if someone has used it to observe birds and something else like terrestrial or astronomy. Does anyone know its parameters? visual field, eye relief, blackout problems ..?
Thanks in advance
Pluto

I have one. It is a handful and I have big hands!;).

I always enjoyed using it and I still take it out for a day of birding now and then. I'm planning to take it to Hawk Mountain during this year's fall migration. It has the standard 8º FOV most 7x42's have. ER is 17mm.

It came with a small Zip Up leather case/pouch which can be left on the binocular while using it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-Zipp...391310?hash=item1efdf01fce:g:jR0AAOSw4lldJ4iw

Bob

Last edited:
I have the 7x42 BN and it is a very nice binocular that hangs right in there with my Zeiss 8x42 HT and 10x42 SF on center sharpness. It is actually easier and more comfortable to view through than the 8x42 HT. You can’t go wrong with this 7x42. Love mine. I wear glasses so take that into account.

Rob

I do not wear glasses to observe, with 17mm I guess I will not have kidney beam problems ..
By the way, this 7X42 BN as it would result if we compare it with a 7X42 Zeiss Victory or a Leica HD for example, it shows a lot .. the difference "of generations"?
Best regards
Pluto

By the way, this 7X42 BN as it would result if we compare it with a 7X42 Zeiss Victory or a Leica HD for example, it shows a lot .. the difference "of generations"?

Hello Pluto,
I have the 7x42 BN and also the 7x42 UVBR and HD+, and I previously had the 7x42 TFL; in my opinion the BN compares very well with all of them. I enjoy using the BN, and I don't consider it inferior to the others.
I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
John

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back