• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skua Cruise 2011, Sunday 4 September (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
The dates this year are

Saturday 10th and 17th September

Sunday 4th, 18th September, 2nd and 9th October

All 9.00am starts

Tickets £18.00 each.

First year I can remember where there were more Sundays than Saturday sailings.

As before lets all vote for preferred dates

I'm out of the country for all but the 4th of September and the October dates so those are the ones I'll be voting for.

The dates this year are

Saturday 10th and 17th September

Sunday 4th, 18th September, 2nd and 9th October

All 9.00am starts

Tickets £18.00 each.

First year I can remember where there were more Sundays than Saturday sailings.

As before lets all vote for preferred dates

I'm out of the country for all but the 4th of September and the October dates so those are the ones I'll be voting for.
Got mine today too Keith; don't think could survive a trip without the 'block' of cheese! Tis the only reason i come on forum meetings!!
For me..its a long way away..i'll wait 'till nearer the time before putting a 'vote' in.

Paul

Got mine today too Keith; don't think could survive a trip without the 'block' of cheese! Tis the only reason i come on forum meetings!!
For me..its a long way away..i'll wait 'till nearer the time before putting a 'vote' in.

Paul

Too kind Paul

Main reason I posted so early was to attract noobies to the fun. I know all last years mob will have got flyers.
Wonder what the star bird will be this year?

Once a date is decided upon then you can ring the hotline and book the tickets, or contact Bempton reserve now to get a booking form sent out to you. Whatever you do don't book until the date is fixed in this thread.

Im tempted by the 27th Aug one as it probably represents the best chance of Long-tailed Skua which I still need.

The 27th August would be out for me as it's a Saturday trip and too close to my holiday to get another Saturday off.

Oh ye of little faith Jim.... mind it'll take some to top last years Western Bonelli's

I think I'll be in again - Sunday's best for me so I can get a train down on the Saturday. 4th Sept sounds good, though obviously it's a way off so can't say for defo.

£18 though... I'm sure it was only £11 first time I went!

I have no particular preference as to date but a sailing during the skua passage would be corking. On the other hand, most of my best seawatching has been in October (on land that is nominally dry). Either way I look forward to finding out if James' work experience has given him any sea-legs.

James,

i'll be up for the 27th Aug as well as a later date if you don't mind me tagging along.

Mark.

My seabird list is v. poor.

4th September will do me, too. Actually all the dates are fine with me at the moment, but if that's the date that suits others shall we go for it?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back