• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

Two in one day!! A very elusive Dusky Warbler and one of the Laughing Gulls from the influx in November 2005.

Chestnut-winged Cuckoo in Chennai (formerly Madras) - wonderful bird, and as far as I can tell, quite a rare winter visitor there.

2 lifers today-Pine Siskin and WW Crossbill at Sherwood Island Park in Westport Connecticut. Much thanks goes to Luke (Streatham) who helped put me on to them.

Something relatively simple for me - Marsh Tit. Completely unexpected when scanning a group of Chaffinch then this little beauty pops up and test my id'ing skills. No wing bar so must be Marsh!

Hooded Vulture (Necrosyrtes monarchus) on 20 Jan, the last of about 400 new birds I saw in Kenya. My head is still spinning.

E

January 22, a snow goose, among a large flock of Canada geese on an open field near the building where I work. This was lifer number 202.

Female Purple Finch today.-just talking to someone yesterday how I'd never seen one and would like to. I got my wish.Still haven't seen the male though.

Snowy Owl from Solano County, Ca. on 14 Jan. 2006.
I even tried digiscoping it in the 35 mph winds between storms.

Attachments

• Copy of SNOW 1.JPG
    Copy of SNOW 1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 147
Three Brown-headed crows Corvus fuscicapillus, 25 January 2006, seen perched in a palm tree just north of a town called Askabin. A rare and exclusive species in Irian Jaya today, defenitely the best lifer for the year.

Hawfinch at Scone Palace, Peth Saturday 25th February. :bounce:

D

Brunnich's guillemot (thick-billed murre) last december on shetland, a long and tough ferry trip especially coming back (force 8 se), not sure i'd twitch shetland again in mid winter but good views though.

A boring goose, white fronted. But I was happy to find Winter Wren for the second time. The first time was an ID by someone else and I saw it for less than a second. This one I could follow for minutes. So it is now fismly on my list. Some difficult IDs I make a point of listing the year of the fist AND second sighting.

Tero said:
A boring goose, white fronted.

I had two lifers yesterday at Slimbridge WWT, one being the infamous White-fronted Geese (around 500 I think) and the equally infamous Bewick's Swans. I am myself surprised that I haven't seen them before, and I personally cannot see why they are boring. I love all birds - big, small, drab, colourful, tuneful or not etc. etc
Sam

Two days, ago, a red breasted nuthatch. Three days, ago, wood ducks made my list, seen in Central Park as was the nuthatch.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

I haven't seen that many varieties of duck. Not having a scope might have something to do with that or maybe I just never looked carefully enough. Today I saw my first Green-Winged Teal-30+ of them!-I was quite pleased. I also saw my first American Wigeon but it was out of camera range.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back