• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

Moltoni's Warbler, Asco, Corsica. With Corsican Citril, Scopoli's Shearwater (split by the Dutch) and Yelkouan Shearwater, Corsica is a festival of rather tedious splits. Luckily the Corsican Nuthatch is something else!

Osprey, from the visitor centre at Loch Garten. Something of a milestone, as that's number 200 on my UK list. Or at least, it's 200 according to my rules. 198 on strict BOU rules, so another milestone available soon...

Gyr Falcon, Redwing, Snow Bunting, Red Necked Phalarope, Glaucous Gull,and Arctic Skua, all in Iceland. 5 days in and 46 Species so far in the west. Heading east tomorrow, I hope the storm eases a bit and we get some sunshine. Nothing but rain and storm so far but the birding is fantastic, my wife got attacked but an Arctic Tern today at Rip, the peck on the head was ok but the bird also sh#t on her head. Hopefully more to come, species not faeces that is;)

Several firsts on my first ever (primarily) birding holiday along the SW Coast Path a fortnight ago, but the most interesting being the red-backed shrike.

A nice start to my one day's transit in Dubai this morning with five lifers from my hotel balcony: Western Reef Heron, Red-vented Bulbul, White-eared Bulbul, Pied Myna and White-cheeked Tern. I'll hopefully see some more lifers later today!

Last Saturday on the way to Skomer, just approaching Marloes at 7:45 in the morning and a Tawny Owl flew across the road, did an about turn and disappeared back from where it came. Over in a flash but this was all yards in front of the car so I got an excellent view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back