• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon sprint 7x21 or Olympus pcIII/roamer 7x21? (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately I've only owned the Sprint but they were wonderful optically imo. They went backpacking with me all over the West and for many years. It was a pretty wonderful time in my life and I have a romantic attachment to it that I'm sure is part of my love for those bins. And I didn't know how to really be critical in evaluation. But as the Android in Bladerunner said at the end of the movie. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" Ergonomically they were great as well as optically. They fit perfectly in my hands. I may be the only one here currently that has used them.

Never had the Sprint but I did own the 7x21 Roamers and would recommend them for that configuration and at the price point they typically sell for ($25 US). The optical performance was notably better than I expected for a small, plastic binocular.

It's amazing what a few bucks will buy. In many ways the reverse porro will always be my favorite type of binocular. Now that they have somewhat better FOV's it's a great time to own them. I would still like to own a pair of the Vortex although I can hardly justify it. But since when is there justice in this world.;)

Unfortunately I've only owned the Sprint but they were wonderful optically imo. They went backpacking with me all over the West and for many years. It was a pretty wonderful time in my life and I have a romantic attachment to it that I'm sure is part of my love for those bins. ... I may be the only one here currently that has used them.

I bumped this one from way back because of your reference to the sprint. I'd not heard of it prior to your recent reference.

Unfortunately I've only owned the Sprint but they were wonderful optically imo. They went backpacking with me all over the West and for many years. It was a pretty wonderful time in my life and I have a romantic attachment to it that I'm sure is part of my love for those bins. And I didn't know how to really be critical in evaluation. But as the Android in Bladerunner said at the end of the movie. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" Ergonomically they were great as well as optically. They fit perfectly in my hands. I may be the only one here currently that has used them.

I bought these just because you said you loved them. If you be good I might give them to you for your birthday present.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250984504629?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Done.:loveme: My birthday is 4/20

although mine were the 7x21

I've never shopped on ebay, thanks for that link, I'm going to have to check that out.

Last edited:
Tis true, It's always been new on Amazon.

But as my addiction deepens, takes hold of my soul and destroys my will, I'm sure I will begin to make use of ebay. From there it will be Craig's list and looking into gutters for my fix.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back