• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 7 / 8 x 42 EDG experiences sought (1 Viewer)

That will be interesting to read if you do. 'Immersive' is definitely not my invention; I think it's a word used by a few other posters and yes I think it's more descriptive than just saying 3D but I suppose they mean much the same thing! After doing all sorts of routine tasks today in town I popped into the local dealer and had a play with a Leica 10x42 BN. Also great colours but looking through the wrong way round i.e. as a sort of minifying glass you could see the collimation was out. Still had the immersive effect!

I've heard the term immersive used a bit around here but it seems quite apt for these.
Careful about the 3D thing lest someone jump on it. Best to say "3D like".
I wonder how close my BR is to a BN? I've read that the Trinovid BR (2011-2015 model) is somewhat similar to the original UV (BR). I can say that the view on my Trinovid can be quite immersive also.
I'll have a go at a brief comparison today between the EDG, UV+ and Trin BR and see if I can ramble anything meaningful about their colour rendition.

I've heard the term immersive used a bit around here but it seems quite apt for these.
Careful about the 3D thing lest someone jump on it. Best to say "3D like".
I wonder how close my BR is to a BN? I've read that the Trinovid BR (2011-2015 model) is somewhat similar to the original UV (BR). I can say that the view on my Trinovid can be quite immersive also.
I'll have a go at a brief comparison today between the EDG, UV+ and Trin BR and see if I can ramble anything meaningful about their colour rendition.

Ramble anything meaningful :) In case it wasn't obvious the BNs I saw were quite old: heavyish and solid; I would think they would still be excellent if put back into correct adjustment. I'm afraid though I have no other Trinovid experience apart from a brief look through Troubadouris's 8x32 and yes they were just the thing for close range as Lee mentions in his posts.

I agree with Canip above...great explanation.

I'm not sure there is a better binocular that does more things right than the EDG. Field is among the flattest. EXCELLENT ergonomics. Nice relatively compact package. Color is as neutral to me as it can get. Very much a "walk in" image presentation. It's my go to "reference" binocular. I'd use it a lot more if I didn't have others I like as well.
Hi,
Have you got EDG 7x?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back