• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conservation in the Trumpocene (1 Viewer)

I don't know.
The guy has been in office a mere month......
.......Regarding the NDAP (pipeline) what is happening real-time? Has Trump trashed the landscape? No, he hasn't. But the "protesters" sure the hell have.

In real time in the last month Trump said he's going to build the 2 pipelines.

These 2 pipelines are to transport oil (fracking type as I understand) all the way from Canada to the blinkin Gulf of Mexico! Just to refine it, yes just to refine it.....its raving madness isn't it?

The impact on the landscape of these continent crossing pipelines will obviously be massive...and then there are people's basic rights.......

Of course the oil will make a lot of lovely money but I don't think you'll be getting any of it ;) IMO opinion Trump's duped you and millions - just wait.

The new Interior Secretary has been a long time proponent of removing legal protections on wolves and grizzlies, in the Rocky Mountain region at least. So could be a rough decade ahead for wolves in that region

Thanks, I'd thought I'd heard something - what vested interests (if any :-O) are driving this I wonder?

I don't know.
The guy has been in office a mere month, let's give things a few months and re-evaluate, shall we?
btw...What do you know?
I suspect that you know exactly what the overwhelmingly Trump-negative press is putting out at this point: gloom and doom, the-earth-is-dying rhetoric as it relates to his policies.
Regarding the NDAP (pipeline) what is happening real-time? Has Trump trashed the landscape? No, he hasn't. But the "protesters" sure the hell have.
Hypocrites here won't touch the link I provided with a ten foot pole, but they'll attack a verb tense! lol...
"Never eat your own" is the liberal mantra. It's why Bernie-lovers like fugl have to snuggle with Trump/Pence for the next eight years+.

The whiny basement dwellers earned it. They blew their chance and now they can't deal with it. Schadenfreude.

See, John, all you've got back from him are the usual animal noises; I told you he'd be flummoxed by your question. The thing to remember about litebeam is that he thinks very very small, everything for him being a matter of private virtue, not public policy. Thus his obsession with litter at a campsite and total disdain for conservation writ large. In this, of course, he's also a hypocrite.

Thanks, I'd thought I'd heard something - what vested interests (if any :-O) are driving this I wonder?

Ranchers don't like either because they on occasional will kill livestock, while hunters don't like wolves because they seem them as competition. Over-abundant deer and elk are easier to shoot deer and elk.

There are of course programs in place to reimburse ranchers for lost livestock, but apparently that isn't enough.

I don't know.
The guy has been in office a mere month, let's give things a few months and re-evaluate, shall we?
btw...What do you know?
I suspect that you know exactly what the overwhelmingly Trump-negative press is putting out at this point: gloom and doom, the-earth-is-dying rhetoric as it relates to his policies.
Regarding the NDAP (pipeline) what is happening real-time? Has Trump trashed the landscape? No, he hasn't. But the "protesters" sure the hell have.
Hypocrites here won't touch the link I provided with a ten foot pole, but they'll attack a verb tense! lol...
"Never eat your own" is the liberal mantra. It's why Bernie-lovers like fugl have to snuggle with Trump/Pence for the next eight years+.

The whiny basement dwellers earned it. They blew their chance and now they can't deal with it. Schadenfreude.

Thank you for your non-answer answer. I'd have thought that after a month there would have been sufficient decisions, whether it be policy, personnel or proposed legislation to start making a judgment. I look forward to hearing your considered judgement in however many months you deem necessary.

Thank you too for confirming my instincts in staying out of this thread. Given that I merely asked a polite question, I find the tone of your response unhelpful and needlessly combative being more interested in being insulting than bringing enlightenment. I'm aware that many conservationists (not all of them 'liberals') have expressed deep concern about the direction of the new administration but the news item that prompted my question was the report that Republican politicians have scrapped a rule that stopped coal mining companies dumping their debris into people's drinking water. Doesn't this cause you concern?

Last edited:
Thank you for your non-answer answer. I'd have thought that after a month there would have been sufficient decisions, whether it be policy, personnel or proposed legislation to start making a judgment. I look forward to hearing your considered judgement in however many months you deem necessary.

You'll wait forever. As I've already pointed out, public policy is a foreign country to litebeam, one to which he never travels.

. . .the news item that prompted my question was the report that Republican politicians have scrapped a rule that stopped coal mining companies dumping their debris into people's drinking water. Doesn't this cause you concern?

Of course it doesn't, he lives in Idaho, not West Virginia.

The answer to the world's energy needs seems quite simple .... http://reneweconomy.com.au/anu-wind-solar-hydro-grid-cheapest-option-australia-87796/

Will need to keep a few fossil fuel plants to feed the algae to make the fuel for aircraft though.

Jeez, now imagine the entire worlds military budget diverted to getting nuclear FUSION up and running! :cat:

Chosun :gh:

of course, all of the programs revolving around non-fossil fuels or making fossil fuels "cleaner" are also, in the heritage plan that is the basis of Trump's budget, also going to be cut.

So I guess the USA will just have to let other countries become the world leaders in those areas...

... Thus his obsession with litter at a campsite and total disdain for conservation...In this, of course, he's also a hypocrite.

What, no retort on your mistaken silly grammar policing?....basing subject/verb agreement on an object of a proposition? Hey, Simon says! B :)

And at least you're finally addressing your hypocrisy, even if subconsciously.
"Litter at a campsite"...more comedy gold. If this catastrophe were left behind by Trump supporters the outcry would be deafening, every news outlet would cover it. But this mess is common with you enviro-hypocrites and "occupy" leeches.
Funny how you guys skewer those you disagree with as being against the environment yet they are the first ones to clean up after themselves when they protest.
It's like the 'love trumps hate' bullshite. Violence, beatings, property destruction...all from the 'tolerant' left. Hypocrites all.

You whiners here have nothing on Trump at this point. You have news stories from a compromised media that loathes the man....and all they project is constant doom and gloom at every front. And you guys lap it up like kittens.
:cat:

Dear Litebeam,

I believe a few more serious points have been raised than the mess left behind by the Dakota protesters (many of whom I'm sure will have been witless idiots). I'd be interested to hear your viewpoints on those.

those you disagree with [...] are the first ones to clean up after themselves when they protest.

I'd be very surprised if there is a significant difference in cleanliness between the two groups ;)

Joost

What, no retort on your mistaken silly grammar policing?....basing subject/verb agreement on an object of a proposition? Hey, Simon says! B :)

And at least you're finally addressing your hypocrisy, even if subconsciously.
"Litter at a campsite"...more comedy gold. If this catastrophe were left behind by Trump supporters the outcry would be deafening, every news outlet would cover it. But this mess is common with you enviro-hypocrites and "occupy" leeches.
Funny how you guys skewer those you disagree with as being against the environment yet they are the first ones to clean up after themselves when they protest.
It's like the 'love trumps hate' bullshite. Violence, beatings, property destruction...all from the 'tolerant' left. Hypocrites all.

You whiners here have nothing on Trump at this point. You have news stories from a compromised media that loathes the man....and all they project is constant doom and gloom at every front. And you guys lap it up like kittens.
:cat:

First "blokes", now "bullshite". Hmmm. . .. Beginning to wonder if you're even an American citizen.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back